any info will help. please and thank you.

Thread: any info will help. please and thank you.

any info will help. please and thank you.

so i got my night sights installed by a guy my gun shop recomended. well it seems that now that the sights are on (and look great btw) the front sight seems to be way more dim then it was when i got it in the mail. can u make the insert trivium explode or somthing?? its just not near as bright to me as the rear ones are...

what should i do??? any info will help as im new to the night sight area.

thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by aj's 40 cal View Post
    so i got my night sights installed by a guy my gun shop recomended. well it seems that now that the sights are on (and look great btw) the front sight seems to be way more dim then it was when i got it in the mail. can u make the insert trivium explode or somthing?? its just not near as bright to me as the rear ones are...

what should i do??? any info will help as im new to the night sight area.

thank you very much!
    I would call the manufacturer and see what they say. What brand are they? They may replace them at no cost to you.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

they are meprolight tru dot night sights that i bought from midway usa. they seemed fine when i got them in the mail, but a day or 2 after they were installed the front seems to not be bright like the rear, and if i remember correctly isnt the front supposed to be slightly brighter than the rear to bring the focus to the front sight?

While I don't have experience with meprolights the trijicons I have the front sight seems a little dimmer after being holstered for an extended period. Don't know if that is the case but just figured I would let you know.

AJ, is that difference in brightness you're noticing at night? Or just during twilight periods?

Unless your 'smith got some contaminant on the front sight during the install, about the only thing which comes to mind would be that the tritium front sight capsule/vial is significantly older than the rears. As you probably know, the capsules have a half life of 12.3+ years and dim with age. But since you indicated the front vial was OK when you first got it, I doubt that's the case.

Another possibility is that your 'smith used too much force and cracked the front vial during the install. That was somewhat common when tritium night sights were first released but you indicated this installer came well recommended so presumably he has experience installing night sights.

I'd go back to him for starters.

3X PM