I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance. - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Calling people who don't agree with your views "trolls" and "anti" is highly ineffective.

The truth is that people who preach for extreme and unrealistic outcomes are submarining the efforts of those of us working to expand the ability of all law abiding citizens to own and posses firearms.

Think of it like PETA - their extreme views on animal rights actually hurts the advancement of better treatment of animals. The same is true of those who push for "everyone, everywhere, all the time" firearms possession. They are the real anti's because they are assuring that we will make no progress toward our ultimate goals. they are the ammunition for the idealogical anti-gun crowd. They play right into their hands and become poster children for the anti cause.
    WOW,now you wish to try and restrict my 1st amendment rights! Were do you people stop?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

3. If it makes you feel better, plainshunter, the strictest gun control laws on earth would not have stopped Tuscon. Evidence:

BBC News - Girl shot in the neck at takeaway in east London dies
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/de...land-aldershot
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    If it makes you feel better, plainshunter, the strictest gun control laws on earth would not have stopped Tuscon.
    I know that, which is how I came to the conclusion I did.
    ~ Bill

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    WOW,now you wish to try and restrict my 1st amendment rights! Were do you people stop?
    Not at all. Go ahead and waste space and time making inane assertions. I'll defend your right to do so. I'm just pointing out that it is inane.

When someone holds up a sign saying "Techar's gets payed to much" it is not a denial of that person's 1st amendment rights to point out the irony of their sign.

Quote Originally Posted by plainshunter View Post
    well, i've been reading through this thread and tired of it around page 7. i don't really have much to add, but wanted to get into the fray.

i will admit, that after the AZ shooting, i was pretty torn up by the young girl's death and felt much like archangel did. I remember discussing with my copy buddy that something should be done, that maybe we have to make some changes and give up some stuff. i mean really, that young girl didn't deserve to die for anything. any right, any freedom.

and that's true, she didn't deserve that. no one does. not even the thousands of soldiers that have fought and died for that freedom (I know, I know, I'm getting sappy and throwing out platitudes - I blame it on the bourbon).

I've continued to wrestle with the issue, I've looked at it from many different angles. But I can only come up with 1 result. We're either free or we aren't. I can't find any middle ground. I can't see how "mostly free" is better. I can't come up with anything other than Liberty can be messy.

I'll take the mess over the other options available out there.

There you go, my bourbon soaked, uneducated, un-statistic backed response. I have a feeling it's probably close to what the founders felt.

Lost his little girl to a mad man with a firearm. Yet he does not want more restrictions on people. What strength that takes to really stand up for your values. He could have easily did a 180 and gone over to the Brady side. It's one thing to say your pro rights, it's another to walk and walk when the time comes. Would any of us done the same? Or would be be calling for more restrictions?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Lost his little girl to a mad man with a firearm. Yet he does not want more restrictions on people. What strength that takes to really stand up for your values. He could have easily did a 180 and gone over to the Brady side. It's one thing to say your pro rights, it's another to walk and walk when the time comes. Would any of us done the same? Or would be be calling for more restrictions?
    absolutely!
    ~ Bill

Quote Originally Posted by plainshunter View Post
    absolutely!
    Maybe the real question to ask is what his "little girl" would say about the issue?

Maybe the real question to ask is what his "little girl" would say about the issue?
    So, tell us nogods what law would you pass to ensure Tucson never happens again?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Do tell what will happen when yet another so called "Common sense" gun law is passed? You get the gun laws passed you want, yet people are still being killed by mad men/women with firearms. What then? You get guns banned and make them all illegal, yet some how the mad people still get them and are able to kill people. What then? No firearms left in the USA, they are all melted down for scrap. Now the mad men start using knifes or tractor trailers,airplanes,cars,hammers,swords etc.. to kill large amounts of people. What then? Do we ban every item that could be used as a weapon? Back ground checks to own and drive a car? Back ground check to own a butter knife? Do tell just where we should stop with the passing of so called "Common sense" laws, that sound and look good on paper but do nothing in the REAL world to protect people?

Everyone has the right to defend them selves.
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast