I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance. - Page 11
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    So, tell us nogods what law would you pass to ensure Tucson never happens again?
    But is that REALLY the goal?

I recall years ago, Senator Howard Metzenbaum (D-OH) being asked about CRIMINALS and CRIMINAL use of firearms. His reply? Something to the effect of:

"I don't care about the crooks, I just want to get the guns!"

Anti-gunners aren't afraid of criminals with guns.

They're afraid of NON-criminals with guns.

A lot of them have BIG plans that wouldn't be so easy to implement if people had the ability to resist...

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Everyone has the right to defend them selves.
    Yep everyone has that right and it cannot be taken away from them until you put them in a grave. There is a difference between right and ablility and everytime I hear someone say that they have taken away the right of self-defense by taking away their gun it makes me want to puke. Even Charles Manson has the right to defend himself from other inmates just as the the 90 year old little old lady shopping at the grocery strore. The drunk who is finally out of jail after killing three people while DUI has the right to defend himself as well as the father of three who has never been in trouble with the law but is an expert in martial arts and a Navy Seal. The difference between these is the methods that they can use to defend themselves. The right cannot be taken, only the methods that they can use. Does a person lose the right to travel if they lose their drivers license?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Does a person lose the right to travel if they lose their drivers license?
    Does a person lose the right to eat if you only let them eat ball bearings?

Is it possible to so restrict a right that it becomes meaningless?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Does a person lose the right to eat if you only let them eat ball bearings?

Is it possible to so restrict a right that it becomes meaningless?
    Yes it is. I mean look at the huge anti gun states(CA,NY,MA,NJ,CT etc..) In Ma you have your door broken down and your dragged off to jail if you have "To much ammo stock piled". Look at what they tried but failed to do in CA with ammo sales. Only being allowed to buy from a ammo dealer on a approved state list, no more internet or mail order ammo. Only being allowed to buy a set amount of ammo at a time. Needing to give your finger print to buy the ammo.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Why should public school teachers be paid more then private sector ones? Why should someone be force to join a ******** thug ring (labor union) or have no right to work? Want to talk about insane? It's looking at all of us in the face. This country is going down fast! Unless we take control! Scott Walker is on the front lines of the battle.

Why should they be able to hold their employers (the tax payers) hostage with the threat of a strike. If the employer does not give to their every demand!

All you keep saying is how our point of views are outdated and not with the times. Yet our own government is backing up our point of views. If our point of view is so wrong and (insane and uneducated) as some like to cry. In a effort to discredit our view and make theirs look right. Please tell me why it is that all the educated SANE people in office who run this country, time and time again support our view points? Not only supporting it but taking it a step further and adding. That the second amendment gives people the right to own handguns.

My wife is finishing up a BA in social study's,special education. Why should she have no right to work in the land of the FREE unless she becomes a slave to a union?
    To answer your question. Public school teachers have to teach students whose parents don't raise them to behave well. Also I have yet to hear of a private school shooting like the one at Columbine.

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 03/03/11 - Video Clip Part 1]

- Teachers and Wall Street - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 03/03/11 - Video Clip Part 2| Comedy Central]

As for the Unions they are what made the middle class as the unions decreased in size so has the middle class. If you look at the data it shows exactly what I have typed.

http://wonkroom.thinkprogress.org/2011/0...t-incomes/

Now far as having to pay the union dues That is the cost of having a higher paying job then those who are not represented by an union.

Even if you have to join a union for the job you don't have to let the union due money go to union, you can instead have it go to a charity.

Yes it sucks that you don't get to keep the cash but without the union representing you the wages you would be earning would be lower.

So I am willing to pay $5 dollars a day to the union if that is what was asked for instead my union was asking for $1.10 a day. That $1.10 was worth it to me to be making $19.50 an hour instead of $11. So a difference of $8.50 an hour times that by 160 hours and you will see why I thought it was worth the price of $1.10 a day.

So all the crap Fox and the Republicans say about unions is ignored by me due to when it comes to paying to bail out the Wall street workers who caused this economic mess and the amount they get paid for letting this happen and the amount they get when fired is more then most of us will ever earn in our life time.

Sorry for going of topic.

I'm not sure I see the relevance of labor unions to this discussion.

At least the AHSA talking points being presented had SOMETHING to do with guns and [a hatred of] gun owner rights.

Wow, I'm late to the party!

Oh well, looks like a few of the same (IMO) Fuds are still trying and FAILING to argue their ignorant viewpoints........ Also, we have a couple of new members (some from other forums and well versed in freedom) to help keep the TRUTH alive......

I thought of suggesting all of us just put certain mega-trolls (you know who) on ignore , but they will just think that they won and we are running away scared, lol............

Oh well.... life goes on..... at least until it hits the fan.........

[QUOTE=Axeanda45;188236]Wow, I'm late to the party!

Oh well, looks like a few of the same (IMO) Fuds are still trying and FAILING to argue their ignorant viewpoints........ Also, we have a couple of new members (some from other forums and well versed in freedom) to help keep the TRUTH alive......

I thought of suggesting all of us just put certain mega-trolls (you know who) on ignore , but they will just think that they won and we are running away scared, lol............

Oh well.... life goes on..... at least until it hits the fan.........[/QUO

LOL, it still goes on after it hits the fan. But it's a huge mess and the clean up job is huge.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Yep everyone has that right and it cannot be taken away from them until you put them in a grave. There is a difference between right and ablility and everytime I hear someone say that they have taken away the right of self-defense by taking away their gun it makes me want to puke. Even Charles Manson has the right to defend himself from other inmates just as the the 90 year old little old lady shopping at the grocery strore. The drunk who is finally out of jail after killing three people while DUI has the right to defend himself as well as the father of three who has never been in trouble with the law but is an expert in martial arts and a Navy Seal. The difference between these is the methods that they can use to defend themselves. The right cannot be taken, only the methods that they can use. Does a person lose the right to travel if they lose their drivers license?
    So since we are law abiding, we are better then everyone else. We can use a gun but everyone else has to use sticks and stones.

A gun is a tool nothing else. We do not have the right to say " I can but you can't because you don't deserve this right.

Young man kills his whole family with a hammer, do they take away his right to have a hammer? NO! He can have all the hammers he wants but not a gun.

Guns are not special. If you a going to make laws about guns then you need to make it for all tools.

The reason we have gun laws is because of people that think like you.(Guns are bad and only very special people should have them.)
    Ed
    "The tree of Liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson 3rd president of US (1743 - 1826)

Quote Originally Posted by Edsworld View Post
    Guns are not special. If you a going to make laws about guns then you need to make it for all tools.
    If I had a dime for every saucer eyed loon who not only thought (and indeed SAID) that a firearm could literally CONTROL a person's actions, I'd buy up every last remaining American Eagle Luger in the world with coinage.

You can judge the [lack of] maturity of anti-gunners by their treating of a hunk of steel and plastic like the ray gun in the low budget scifi movie "Laser Blast". They actually seem to think that holding a gun in your hand will literally turn you into a monster. Strangely, they can explain neither how alternatively, this DOESN'T affect LEOs, OR how if it DOES, it's a GOOD thing.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast