I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance. - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    If you truly take 2A with a literal meaning then you would not exclude nukes and bios. With that statement you have agreed that 2A does in fact have limit and there is a line over which one should not cross. The discussion then becomes where that line is drawn. Some have a line much more restrictive than you and some less. However it does appear that you are in agreement that a limit on arms is possible under 2A.
    God this is such an asinine argument. Look....I don't do the "well if your willing to set limitations, then it's just about where the limitations are set" argument, because i am not setting the limitations, that was done over 200 years ago.

The founders wanted us to have the power to SAVE ourselves from a tyranny, so obviously something that killed more people than it would save WAS NOT WHAT THEY HAD IN MIND!

Ya know, the weapons to perform a conventional war......ground, air and sea....troop armaments....etc

Get it now?
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Actually that was one judge's dissenting opinion was it not?
    Not. Justice Scalia is one of the five sane justices.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

4. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    But I think threatening the overthrow of our government because you don't like the current status of a SCOTUS ruling is treason.
    So, certainly, you will be able to point out in this thread where someone threatened the overthrow of our government?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might
    Actually the treason lies in any government official who chooses to ignore the Constitution or the written works that already existed before and during the founders' time to define the ideologies that were present in our founders minds.
    ABSOLUTELY!

Now here are some interesting words written by treasonists:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    Not. Justice Scalia is one of the five sane justices.
    I stand corrected, but my feelings about his inaccurate opinion stand as well.

At least he himself even admitted, that this was not an exhaustive and final decision on the 2A. What does he mean by "confrontation"? If he is referring to the whole "tyranny" thing, then he is so off his rocker he should be removed from the position.

I implore anyone to find historical evidence contrary to what I say the intentions of the 2A are, because LT just posted one that supports it.....
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

Way Back When

Way back when I was a kid in Utah (about 60 years ago); it didn't even seem to have occurred to anyone that we should need a permit for open or concealed carry. I used to go into any local hardware store and buy all the ammo that I wanted for my 22 rifles so that I could go rabbit hunting. (And yes, we did eat them.) However, my uncle brought back a 1908 Luger and a Model 1913 J.P. Sauer & Sohn 7.65 mm Browning (32 ACP) pocket pistol from World War II. He let me borrow them anytime I wanted and I'd go to any of the hardware stores that carried 9 mm Luger (Parabellum) or 32 ACP and by ammo without a problem. Sometimes they'd ask "what are you going to do with this kid?" and I'd tell them "a little plinking at cans" which was true since neither was a good hunting weapon but they were fun to shoot.

Anyway...in spite of what would be considered permissiveness or laxity in weapons laws and practices the crime rate in Salt Lake City was very low (I know because I'd hear my parents and relatives talking about it.) There certainly was no blood running in the streets which some liberals think goes hand in hand with non-restrictive gun laws. Also, nobody seemed to give a second thought of a 14-year old walking around with a gun strapped to his hip.

Of course that was then...and this is now. It was back in the days when "AXE" referred to an implement for chopping wood. I liked it better back then.
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    God this is such an asinine argument. Look....I don't do the "well if your willing to set limitations, then it's just about where the limitations are set" argument, because i am not setting the limitations, that was done over 200 years ago.

The founders wanted us to have the power to SAVE ourselves from a tyranny, so obviously something that killed more people than it would save WAS NOT WHAT THEY HAD IN MIND!

Ya know, the weapons to perform a conventional war......ground, air and sea....troop armaments....etc

Get it now?
    ROTFLMAO at the absurdity of this explanation. How about mustard gas and hollow point bullets since neither are allowed in conventional war. And air.... I don't think the founding fathers used any airplanes.

Quote Originally Posted by gvaldeg1 View Post
    Way back when I was a kid in Utah (about 60 years ago); it didn't even seem to have occurred to anyone that we should need a permit for open or concealed carry. I used to go into any local hardware store and buy all the ammo that I wanted for my 22 rifles so that I could go rabbit hunting. (And yes, we did eat them.) However, my uncle brought back a 1908 Luger and a Model 1913 J.P. Sauer & Sohn 7.65 mm Browning (32 ACP) pocket pistol from World War II. He let me borrow them anytime I wanted and I'd go to any of the hardware stores that carried 9 mm Luger (Parabellum) or 32 ACP and by ammo without a problem. Sometimes they'd ask "what are you going to do with this kid?" and I'd tell them "a little plinking at cans" which was true since neither was a good hunting weapon but they were fun to shoot.

Anyway...in spite of what would be considered permissiveness or laxity in weapons laws and practices the crime rate in Salt Lake City was very low (I know because I'd hear my parents and relatives talking about it.) There certainly was no blood running in the streets which some liberals think goes hand in hand with non-restrictive gun laws. Also, nobody seemed to give a second thought of a 14-year old walking around with a gun strapped to his hip.

Of course that was then...and this is now. It was back in the days when "AXE" referred to an implement for chopping wood. I liked it better back then.
    Did you live near Mountain Meadows?

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    ROTFLMAO at the absurdity of this explanation. How about mustard gas and hollow point bullets since neither are allowed in conventional war. And air.... I don't think the founding fathers used any airplanes.
    ROTFLMAO at the absurdity of your comprehension.

There's three kinds of warfare.

Conventional
    Biological/Chemical
    Nuclear

The weapons of conventional warfare will always be the weapons of conventional warfare.

I'm not talking about limitations by the Geneva convention, seeing as they were not involved in the Constitutional Congress and obviously I've made it clear I wasn't talking about chemical, biological or nuclear warfare.

10. Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    The founding fathers used the same weapons that the government that they were overthrowing had. The battlefield was equal as far as weaponry. Would that be the same situation today?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Did you live near Mountain Meadows?
    What does that have to do with this topic? Are you trying to make a reference to the "Mountain Meadows massacre" that took place September 11, 1857? 120 men, women, and children killed by the Utah Territorial Militia and local Indians.

Does this go back to your claims that we need more gun laws? Becasue things like this are bound to happen again? If more laws are not added to the books to regulate firearm ownership?

What's your feelings on the massacre at "Wounded Knee?" 150+ men, women, and children of the Lakota Sioux shot dead in COLD blood by federal troops (AKA, our own government).

Should we not also place regulations on government use and ownership of firearms as well? Or do you feel they are above such laws becasue they are "the government" and can do no wrong.

Feelings on the "post Katrina" killings on the part of the New Orleans police department (10+ shot, 4 dead)?

Yet again an example of members of government sworn to uphold the law and PROTECT us. Breaking those very laws and murdering citizens in cold blood and trying to cover it up.

Your views of wishing to restrict ownership of firearms by private citizens out of fear "We can handle it." While the same people who hold the power have shown they are not above "going on shooting sprees".

Restict across the board or it's not worth talking about.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast