I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance. - Page 2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 161

Thread: I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance.

  1. Quote Originally Posted by archangel1911a1 View Post
    What do YOU think?

    -S
    ......................
    I think you are posting on the wrong website.

    In states where their is no permit required to carry a gun, or their is no training required for the permit, we just simply don't have any problems in reality that you worry about. You just want the government to control who has and doesn't have guns because it will make YOU feel better.

    As for a better website for you, I might suggest:
    http://www.facebook.com/bradycampaign

    They tend to have similar views.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    a lot of times it is just a case of reasoning being blocked by an emotional attachment to an idea.
    You got that right!
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SE Florida
    Posts
    1,880
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I think you are posting on the wrong website.

    In states where their is no permit required to carry a gun, or their is no training required for the permit, we just simply don't have any problems in reality that you worry about. You just want the government to control who has and doesn't have guns because it will make YOU feel better.

    As for a better website for you, I might suggest:
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence | Facebook

    They tend to have similar views.
    Speak of the devil......
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Speak of the devil......
    Why don't you refute my reasoning?

    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    a lot of times it is just a case of reasoning being blocked by an emotional attachment to an idea.
    Or maybe just a firm belief that the Constitution is just as valid today as the day it was written, and we are failing in America because we have allowed the Federal government to abuse the powers it is limited to by the Constitution. I'm sorry if my "emotional" attachment to the Constitution offends you.

    Again, the only thing "reasonable regulation" of guns such as requiring training and a permit to carry does is to hinder the law abiding citizen. It does nothing to change the behavior of the criminal or make anyone safer. And if you think that is an argument based on emotion, than I would challenge you to refute it with facts.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    I think you are posting on the wrong website.

    In states where their is no permit required to carry a gun, or their is no training required for the permit, we just simply don't have any problems in reality that you worry about. You just want the government to control who has and doesn't have guns because it will make YOU feel better.

    As for a better website for you, I might suggest:
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence | Facebook

    They tend to have similar views.
    In other words, if one does not fully agree with your perception of the 2nd amendment then they should not post on this web site because....?

    Knowledge advances by discourse with that which makes one feel uncomfortable. Ignorance flourishes in the company of itself.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    To you ignorant anti-gunners and regulated 2nd amendment people, Have you stopped and thought about what would happen if your requirements for handguns got put into place?

    People who would get pushed over the edge would still go Postal as you say, But now they are better trained with the firearm that is going to be used as a weapon. So where is the safety in that?

    Also to go Postal one needs to be employed by the United States Postal Service. Hence where the term go Postal came from. So stop using it to describe a person who has been push over the edge.

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Washington
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    In other words, if one does not fully agree with your perception of the 2nd amendment then they should not post on this web site because....?

    Knowledge advances by discourse with that which makes one feel uncomfortable. Ignorance flourishes in the company of itself.
    Then you need to make some new friends cause the company you are in is Ignorant and the ignorance is flourishing.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    In other words, if one does not fully agree with your perception of the 2nd amendment then they should not post on this web site because....?

    Knowledge advances by discourse with that which makes one feel uncomfortable. Ignorance flourishes in the company of itself.
    Feel free to post some facts that show that mandatory training or a permit required to carry a handgun makes anyone safer, or changes the behavior of criminals.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  10. #19

    Second Amendment

    The Second Amendment, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed," does not GRANT the right to keep and bear arms. It assumes the people already have that right and only promises to PROTECT that right.

    The BAD GUYS are going to have guns no matter what the law says. They don't care about the law. That's why they're the BAD GUYS. It stands to reason (and could be reasonably inferred by the 2nd A, depending on your interpretation of what a "militia" is and what "the security of a free State" is) that the more GOOD GUYS that have guns, which the BAD GUYS will recognize as fact, the less likely they are to practice their vocation of BAD GUYness.
    Alan, TN

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Feel free to post some facts that show that mandatory training or a permit required to carry a handgun makes anyone safer, or changes the behavior of criminals.
    The "oh the criminals will do it regardless of a laws" is a hyperbole of no persuasive value.

    We don't organize and socialize ourselves by what criminals do.

    We enact laws fully expecting criminals to violate them and law abiding people to abide by them. And we don't refrain from enacting laws because criminals will violate them.

    Emotional laden banners and slogan feel good but accomplish nothing.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast