I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance. - Page 5
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance.

1. The racist history of SOME gun control laws:

Gun Control: White Man's Law
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Things sure didn't change much while I was gone.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Be careful who you call out for "name calling". By your standards, some of the people you're currently holding hands with on this forum are just as guilty as anyone. You wouldn't want to have to accuse one of your fellow Constitutional Chicken Littles for name-calling, now would you??
    LOL, Holding hands with? Do you have a point on this forum other then trying to piss off as many people as you can? Again with the name calling, thanks for making my point for me. How old are you five?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    However "this legislation is a sham which affects ONLY non-criminals" is HIGHLY persuasive.

Most anti-gunners are FAR more interested in adversely affecting NON-criminal than criminal firearms ownership.

That's PRECISELY what anti-gunners do... or are you saying that the Sullivan Law, the NFA '34, GCA '68, and D.C. and Chicago handgun bans were EXPRESSLY crafted to impede ONLY the ownership, possession and carrying of firearms by NON-criminals? If so, that's quite a startling... and damning admission on your part.

And with the INTENT of harming NON-criminals.

Without those things, advocates of gun control would have NOTHING left to say or print.

The AHSA types are always stumbling in and out of firearms discussion forums. They get handed their heads and run away. It's like clockwork.
    I can't discern any logic or reasoning in anything you posted - it is all rhetoric and slogan slinging.

And you attempt to label those of us who don't agree with your inane positions "anti-gunners" is childish.

Those of us working for a real expansion of the ability of law abiding citizens to own and possess guns understand the dynamics of the issue. We discuss, we debate, we engage, we think, and we examine. We aren't afraid to listen to the concerns of the opposition and address them instead of attack them. We aren't afraid to compromise to move forward.

We view the objective like a ladder to be climbed step-by-step. We keep climbing instead of stopping on a step and cursing the height of the ladder.

People who merely regurgitate empty ideals repeatedly and then declare themselves the "winner" haven't effectuate any real change. Bitterness and paranoia aren't conducive to making progress with the opposition. The opposition recognizes them for what they are - weaknesses they can exploit to distract the inflicted and dissuade the uncommitted.

Quote Originally Posted by archangel1911a1 View Post
    "Shall Issue" permits, for those who could not pass a simple background check for "crazy", "meth-addict" or " child-molester", must be a thing of the past.
    Shall issue does NOT mean those people get permits. It means people who are NOT those people can't be refused because they wore a blue shirt on a Wednesday. Yes that crap happens, ask anyone from MA,NY or NJ

7. Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    Shall issue does NOT mean those people get permits. It means people who are NOT those people can't be refused because they wore a blue shirt on a Wednesday. Yes that crap happens, ask anyone from MA,NY or NJ
    What "shall issue" does is set a minimum standard by which the privilege of carrying a firearm is extended to only a certain elite group of people. It eliminates those that can't afford the permit or training that may or may not be attached to the permit. It eliminates those who value their privacy and wish to not be included in government tracking of gun carriers. It eliminates many law abiding citizens for various reasons who might just choose to carry a gun if the hassle/expense/government involvement in the permit was not required. It turns the right to bear arms into a mere privilege which one must ask AND PAY for the government's permission in order to engage in.

Meanwhile "shall issue" does nothing to prevent the criminal or insane from carrying their guns, but it does place one more roadblock or hurdle in the way of honest Americans who desire to defend themselves against the actions of the criminal or insane.

Oh... and it raises money for state budgets.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I have a fear of idiots with guns. How many people each year get shot by an "unloaded" gun?? A little training can go a long way. Try to find a pro-gun organization who doesn't agree that training makes us all safer.

But can you produce evidence that states that require traing have fewer accidents (I don't care how many gang bangers are offing each other) than states that don't.

IMO Very much IMO But the kind of idiot that is going to do stupid things w/ a gun isn't going to wait to get a permit to carry anyway.

IME people that lawfully carry guns get at least some training on their own any way

BTW I see Deanimator is here. Let me tell you somethin' Fudds, Y'all are screwed
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    In my world, if the person is such a danger to society, they would NOT be free to roam the streets and drive a car. They would be incarcerated.

A person that forges his wife's signature on the title to a vehicle in order to sell it before a divorce, if caught, becomes a felon... so we strip his right to own a firearm for life from him... how are the two even remotely related?
    Please note my use of the words "violent criminal" in my post.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

You are mistaken. The first major gun-control law in this country appeared in NY in 1911.
    Please. Oh God, please tell me you're not talking about the Sullivan Act
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

11. Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Please note my use of the words "violent criminal" in my post.
    So, are you for or against convicted felons being able to possess firearms?

If a person is of such dangerous and violent character that they cannot be trusted to own and carry a firearm for self protection, then they should be incarcerated. A mere law banning their possession or carry of a firearm isn't going to stop them anyway.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast