I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance. - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    And why not?

The Sullivan Act: Some History about Gun Control Conservative Libertarian Outpost

I will agree.... the Sullivan Act does not seem to be racially motivated.
    The sullivan act was geared towards Italian Imigrants
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    The sullivan act was geared towards Italian Imigrants
    OK, you got me there! I might add, "by corrupt politicians in bed with organized crime lords."
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    "Thug" should be in jail for committing a crime. Not for exercising a right protected by the Constitution.
    Amen to this. I also cannot believe the level of stupidity of some of the reasoning justifying infringing upon the RTKBA. "So you believe a first grader should be allowed to carry a gun to school?" and other such idiocy. Give me a break. The Constitution never applied to minors (or for that matter, anything other than white male property owners at the time that it was written). I also believe that anyone above the age of majority who cannot be trusted to exercise ALL of their rights should be either permanently incarcerated or shot. As for those that don't mind giving up their rights, go ahead. You don't deserve them. Just leave mine alone.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Amen to this. I also cannot believe the level of stupidity of some of the reasoning justifying infringing upon the RTKBA. "So you believe a first grader should be allowed to carry a gun to school?" and other such idiocy. Give me a break. The Constitution never applied to minors (or for that matter, anything other than white male property owners at the time that it was written). I also believe that anyone above the age of majority who cannot be trusted to exercise ALL of their rights should be either permanently incarcerated or shot. As for those that don't mind giving up their rights, go ahead. You don't deserve them. Just leave mine alone.
    HELL YES! Get some! I wish there was a "like +1000" option!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Sullivan Act's Racist (or more correctly ethnic) Roots

Gun Law News - The Sullivan Act

January 27, 1905 New York Times Editorial -

[The proposed gun control] measure would prove corrective and salutary in a city filled with immigrants and evil communications, floating from the shores of Italy and Austria-Hungary. New York police reports frequently testify to the fact that the Italian and other south Continental gentry here are acquainted with the pocket pistol, and while drunk or merrymaking will use it quite as handily as the stiletto, and with more deadly effect. It is hoped that this treacherous and distinctly outlandish mode of settling disputes may not spread to corrupt the native good manners of the community.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

7. Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Gun Law News - The Sullivan Act

January 27, 1905 New York Times Editorial -

[The proposed gun control] measure would prove corrective and salutary in a city filled with immigrants and evil communications, floating from the shores of Italy and Austria-Hungary. New York police reports frequently testify to the fact that the Italian and other south Continental gentry here are acquainted with the pocket pistol, and while drunk or merrymaking will use it quite as handily as the stiletto, and with more deadly effect. It is hoped that this treacherous and distinctly outlandish mode of settling disputes may not spread to corrupt the native good manners of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    So if the constitution only applied to white male property owners when it was written, why would you ever, ever advocate changing it to apply to blacks, females, etc? I don't see any amendments altering that. So do you think blacks cannot own guns? Come on, tell me the truth

Also, if someone cannot be trusted to exercise ALL of their rights, who makes that determination? If you believe something is a right, why would you question whether or not someone can be "trusted" to exercise it? If it requires "trust" it is not a right. Are you saying the government must trust me with the right to carry my xd, or you must trust me, or any private citizen can determine my right to carry it by whether or not they trust me?

By the way, what is the "age of majority"?

I will try to respond with some rational thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    I have a fear of idiots with guns.
    I agree, the problem lies in who determines who the 'idiots' are? I also don't thin idiots should be able to drive, have kids, drink, or vote...amongst other things. But who gets to pick and chose who the idiots are? You? Me? A politician? None of these are good choices simply because t becomes a matter of opinion. Even if there was a certain I.Q. level that were to be set as a standard- Again, who get's to decide this?

How many people each year get shot by an "unloaded" gun??
    Ummm...ZERO...DUH! But how many violent criminals attacking an innocent get shot by an unloaded gun? Same answer...ZERO!

Try to find a pro-gun organization who doesn't agree that training makes us all safer.
    There isn't one. But now YOU are taking it literally. They mean that in the way that training makes you a better marksman (i.e. fewer shots missed, more hit the target, and less shots need to be fired), well maintained guns perform better and without malfunction, and knowing federal, state, and local laws so as not to get into trouble themselves.

Wow! You must be working up quite a sweat dodging my question! I didn't ask "how" it happened......I asked "why" it happened. You know the answer but you can't bring yourself to say it. If you did your little house-of-cards argument would come tumbling down.

That's OK, LT. It'll just be our little secret.
    I'm curious as to what YOU 'think' the answer is...

Oh, and I find it interesting that the states with the most restrictive gun laws also have the highest gun crime rates.... carzy huh?

Why would we need more amendments?? Did the Founding Fathers forget something?? Did they make a mistake or two?? Were they negligent? Stop dodging the question and tell me why you think 17 more amendments have been added post-1791.

[SIZE="3"]They knew that things would or could change so that is why they created the Amendment process so that if needed in the future the US Constitution could be changed by the amendment process.

That is also why the second amendment is written the way that it is.
    The Second Amendment, "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,"

The shall not be infringed is what makes it unconstitutional to amend the second amendment.

As it has been pointed out to you time and time again that all of our founding fathers were treasonous criminals for violating British laws. They also had the same weapons as the Kings army and that is what helped them win.

So think about that for a while till you can come up with a way for you to over throw a government that is limiting the means for you to protect yourself and property. Just in case you forget you don't bring a knife to a gun fight. This means you bring what is going to be used against you to the fight so that you have a chance at winning.

So if due process was followed and 2A was amended to require permits, specify what kinds of weapons could be owned, etc., you'd be OK with that?? After all....such restrictions would then be an official part of the Constitution.

And I'll take a page out of your book (and also reiterate what I've said in other threads), if 2A was being so blatantly violated decade after decade by states not allowing permitless/unrestricted carry along with various other restrictions, why have none of the many pro-2A presidents, congressmen, justices, etc. not done anything about it? Are they all Constitution trampling traitors as well??
    Ignoramus, NavyLT is not ignoring your question, He just does not want to believe that you are that ignorant.

I on the other hand have no problem pointing out just how ignorant your comments and question are.

You should do what people have been telling you to do show data that provides evidence for your point or opinion.

I am 100% in agreement with the FACT that gun control laws will not stop a criminal or anyone else from carrying a gun. For instance the laws against guns in schools did nothing to stop the Columbine shooting. Therefore if a law will not stop someone from doing something then why have the law. Every year I hear of multiple murders, rapes and robberies happening and there are laws against that so why not just do away with those laws. If a law against carrying a gun at a certain place or by a certain person will not stop them from doing it then the law only restricts innocent law-abiding people. The same way with laws againt robbery or murder, they only stop innocent law-abiding people from doing it.

Do away with all laws as there is not one law on the books that can stop someone from breaking that law.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast