I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance. - Page 9
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I've never gotten hate-mail, so here's my chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JPKirkpatrick View Post
    The KKK evolved because the south felt that they had to 'resist' this martial law, and terrorized the former slaves, Jews and Catholics. This is where the term WASP (White Anglo Saxon Protestant) came from.

Philosopher George Santayana said that those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    My 30+ years of dealing with anti-gunners has shown me that indeed some of them WANT to repeat history, specifically the race riots and lynchings of the 19th to mid 20th centuries.

The reason why a lot of people want to limit gun ownership is that they don't like the idea of a lynching where they don't know ahead of time who's going to end up dead. They're the same sort of cowards who ran shrieking like schoolgirls from the Warsaw Ghetto because a few Jews had some old, rusty handguns.

3. nogods,

We do not disagree on what the current state of gun control laws are. We disagree on what the ideal state of gun control laws should be.

BTW.... someone mentioned a violent criminal on trial for committing a crime possessing a firearm in a courthouse.

No, the person on trial for a violent crime should not be allowed to possess a gun in the courthouse during the trial. But all of the citizens who are at the courthouse for routine business should be allowed to. It makes no sense to prohibit me from wearing my gun while filing my divorce decree with the clerk or applying for a concealed pistol license.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    nogods,

We do not disagree on what the current state of gun control laws are. We disagree on what the ideal state of gun control laws should be.

BTW.... someone mentioned a violent criminal on trial for committing a crime possessing a firearm in a courthouse.

No, the person on trial for a violent crime should not be allowed to possess a gun in the courthouse during the trial. But all of the citizens who are at the courthouse for routine business should be allowed to. It makes no sense to prohibit me from wearing my gun while filing my divorce decree with the clerk or applying for a concealed pistol license.
    But the violent criminals(Police) are allowed to carry in the court house everyday. So why should I be stopped from carrying my firearm? I don't spend my free time looking for people to taser,beat with a knightstick etc.. Nor do I have people sworn to up hold the law on my side. Ready to cover up my illegal acts and frame them on to a citizen.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

5. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    But the violent criminals(Police) are allowed to carry in the court house everyday. So why should I be stopped from carrying my firearm? I don't spend my free time looking for people to taser,beat with a knightstick etc.. Nor do I have people sworn to up hold the law on my side. Ready to cover up my illegal acts and frame them on to a citizen.
    I agree... unless you were the person on trial. During the trial, the defendent is in custody.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

AM I the only one that notices that the OP dropped the one post and hasn't come back since?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    AM I the only one that notices that the OP dropped the one post and hasn't come back since?
    Am I the only one who has noticed a FLOOD of anti Everything trolls on the forums lately?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Am I the only one who has noticed a FLOOD of anti Everything trolls on the forums lately?
    Calling people who don't agree with your views "trolls" and "anti" is highly ineffective.

The truth is that people who preach for extreme and unrealistic outcomes are submarining the efforts of those of us working to expand the ability of all law abiding citizens to own and posses firearms.

Think of it like PETA - their extreme views on animal rights actually hurts the advancement of better treatment of animals. The same is true of those who push for "everyone, everywhere, all the time" firearms possession. They are the real anti's because they are assuring that we will make no progress toward our ultimate goals. they are the ammunition for the idealogical anti-gun crowd. They play right into their hands and become poster children for the anti cause.

10. Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    The truth is that people who preach for extreme and unrealistic outcomes are submarining the efforts of those of us working to expand the ability of all law abiding citizens to own and posses firearms.

Think of it like PETA - their extreme views on animal rights actually hurts the advancement of better treatment of animals. The same is true of those who push for "everyone, everywhere, all the time" firearms possession. They are the real anti's because they are assuring that we will make no progress toward our ultimate goals. they are the ammunition for the idealogical anti-gun crowd. They play right into their hands and become poster children for the anti cause.
    Hmmmmm...... you mean like in Arizona last year and Wyoming this year? Probably soon to be Colorado? Yeah, we are really hurting the cause. If you guys had your way, three years ago you would have said Arizona and Wyoming were model states....leave them alone and hope that other states would become like them... and then that crazy, emotional and ignorant permit-less carry crowd had to step in and change everything.

well, i've been reading through this thread and tired of it around page 7. i don't really have much to add, but wanted to get into the fray.

i will admit, that after the AZ shooting, i was pretty torn up by the young girl's death and felt much like archangel did. I remember discussing with my copy buddy that something should be done, that maybe we have to make some changes and give up some stuff. i mean really, that young girl didn't deserve to die for anything. any right, any freedom.

and that's true, she didn't deserve that. no one does. not even the thousands of soldiers that have fought and died for that freedom (I know, I know, I'm getting sappy and throwing out platitudes - I blame it on the bourbon).

I've continued to wrestle with the issue, I've looked at it from many different angles. But I can only come up with 1 result. We're either free or we aren't. I can't find any middle ground. I can't see how "mostly free" is better. I can't come up with anything other than Liberty can be messy.

I'll take the mess over the other options available out there.

There you go, my bourbon soaked, uneducated, un-statistic backed response. I have a feeling it's probably close to what the founders felt.
    ~ Bill

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast