Duty Gear, For Any LEOs Current or Former - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duty Gear, For Any LEOs Current or Former

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Nuclear security is handled by the Dept of Energy and those are government agents. Its a bit different then someone that went through a class at the local community college and got a card to carry a sidearm and a badge.
    I'll try to enlighten you in a mannerly fashion, Austin. First of all, you have you facts wrong, so shame on you. I worked Nuclear Security a number of years at one of the largest Public Utility Corporations in the Country. We were not "handled by the Department of Energy". We were armed employees of the Public Utility, not government agents. The Dept. of Energy has nothing to do with it. Nuclear Power Plants are regulated by the NRC (Nuclear Regulatory Commission) who have oversight. We did'nt go through a class at the community college to get a card to carry a sidearm and a badge.
    One needed a pistol permit , a squeaky clean background, superb physical condition and the ability to undergo rigorous physical conditioning, academic achievement, and weapons training, one week out of every six. So yes, it's a bit different than someone that went through a class at the local community college and got a card to carry a sidearm and a badge; but a card and badge for what?

3. Private Police

For those of you who don't know the PCA in my screen name does NOT stand for (public certified accountant), it stands for Pennsylvania Certified Agent with the first word telling people where I am certified the other two are the title given to "armed gaurds" in the state. With the certification I COULD wear a badge that says "Private Police" but I choose not too because I KNOW I am not sworn LE and do not have that authority. The problem that sometimes arises is that some people including LEOs get it into their heads that ALL "Armed Guards" think they are LE or couldn't get into the job for some reason. I know exactly what I am able to do and not do and when pressed I do my best to let people know that I am NOT a "cop". Now as for the OP's original question, starting at the front going left to right, I set up my duty rig as follows: double mag holder,flashlight,baton,two pairs of cuffs one left one right of spine,weapon,oc,cellphone. If I had a radio that went on the left side after the baton with a shoulder mike up the side.

Please lets try to remember that whether we are sworn or not we are all on the same side.

Quote Originally Posted by LEO 65-4 View Post
    It's a matter of semantics. The term Private Police is a misnomer, like calling a magazine a "Clip".
    Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

LEO 65-4 is right. Private Police, or "Security Officers" only have power on the ground they work on. IE Private Property, and in the State of Michigan, Private Property and anything the thats owned by the company or complex is our extent of Arrest ability. Anything outside of that, we have no power, except to assist Law Enforcement.

In our areas that we work, we have an amazing relationship with the Law Enforcement, they know who we are, and usually know us personally, they know our background. Our company is mostly made up of either Layed off LEO, Part Time LEO or former/current Military. Our Unarmed sector are usually just normal Civilians with no training in their background.
    I have personally Cleared rooms with LEOs at my side at some of the Apartment Complex's we work. Mostly because LEO did not have probable cause to enter, hence 1 perk Working in the private sector has, we need no probable cause to search, secure or enter anything on Private Property, although were urged to use discression. IE "Is it worth the later hassle?"

I did not mean to offend any LEO here or Former LEO. Only ment to ask, what your set up is like, mine is a little Uncomfortable, and probably have some things on there IE Rubber Glove Pouch, that I may or may not need. I usually have a pair of 5.11 Tac gloves on me. I was only looking for assistance in setting that up, did not mean to start any rants, or raves.

Anyhow thank you all for your responses, good or bad.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Itstjs View Post
    I have personally Cleared rooms with LEOs at my side at some of the Apartment Complex's we work. Mostly because LEO did not have probable cause to enter, hence 1 perk Working in the private sector has, we need no probable cause to search, secure or enter anything on Private Property, although were urged to use discression. IE "Is it worth the later hassle?"
    That is a very bad idea from a legal perspective.

To get back on topic. I do not like to carry anything more on my batman utility belt than I need to.
    Starting at the buckle L-R : Taser, cuffs, keys, light, CSB, Pistol, extra mags. BTW I have been in the business for 32 years. I hope that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12