Who has had a gun pulled on them - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Who has had a gun pulled on them

1. Once

Years ago I was called to the apartment of a friend and his girlfriend. They had a major fight, he was high and pulled his Taurus 9mm out and threatened her. When I got there he was still waiving it around and talking stupid. It all happened REALLY fast. As the gun was coming toward me I was able to disarm him (10 years of martial arts pratctice at that point). I later found out that the gun was empty. Looking back I could have drawn my weapon and stopped him but I'm glad I didn't. He eventually lost his CCW and sold the gun and cleaned up his act.

First time I had a gun pointed at me I was 17 working at a full service filling station (dates me I know). Fortunately I saw the robbery coming and my 20ga trumped his .22. Have faced a few muzzles while in LE and took a bullet through the hips in '91 while working a cash in transit job.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

I was robbed at gun point in Chicago during the 80s. A juvenile (about 16) held me up in a parking garage uptown. I was just leaving work. He had a semi-auto, I never was sure of the make, and I was needless to say (it was Chicago!) unarmed. He got $60.00 and a credit card. I cancelled the card by phone that night (he never used it.) It took the Chicago PD 30 minutes to respond and they must have never caught him, because I was never called in to identify or testify.

Had a 9mm stuck in my face as the guy answered his door. I was 19 he was about 35, he was messing with my wife (now x of course). Damn those barrels look big when you are looking up the wrong end!!

Yes, in the prk and threatened several times that I was going to be shot and killed and left in the Mohave Desert. I sort of figured who it was and it gave me a good excuse to carry my Sig P220 and take my chances with the KGB. As most know, it is easier to pull hens teeth than to get a CCW in the prk, only Feinstein could get one for herself. I did have a permit for the work I did which required me to carry 24/7. When my contract ended so did my permit, so did my days in the prk. Glad to be in Arizona, the gun friendly state.
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    Years ago I was called to the apartment of a friend and his girlfriend. They had a major fight, he was high and pulled his Taurus 9mm out and threatened her. When I got there he was still waiving it around and talking stupid. It all happened REALLY fast. As the gun was coming toward me I was able to disarm him (10 years of martial arts pratctice at that point). I later found out that the gun was empty. Looking back I could have drawn my weapon and stopped him but I'm glad I didn't. He eventually lost his CCW and sold the gun and cleaned up his act.
    What an idiot! I'm glad that it worked out and no one was injured. Thankfully the weapon was empty. Another reason for me not to like Taurus firearms.
    National Rifle Association
    Single Action Shooting Society

A couple time while doing trespass tows, never had 1 aimed at me but a couple "What the F you doing with with my car (show me the gun now) i think you want to put it down"

In the Chorwon Valley. My driver got lost, took a wrong turn and ended up at the entrance to a ROK compound. The two Korean privates aimed their M-16s at us. A Black 2nd Lt., a Black Spec 4 and a White Spec 4, classic profiles of North Korean infiltrators...

Yeah as a matter of fact. Back in 1973 I was working at a 7-11 in York Pa. I was working the night shift with a gentleman of about 50 or so years (real old in my eyes at the time). It was about 10:30 when 2 black guys blew in, one brandishing a pistol and the other a sawed off 12 gauge. The 12 gauge was leveled at my face. Everything they were screaming at me just sounded like so much buzz.. The only thing in my world at that moment in time was the muzzle of that shotgun.

It was said earlier that the openings of the barrels looked like some tunnels in CO. I have to second that sentiment!

Evidently I wasn't moving fast enough for them. Next thing I know I'm getting smacked in the back of my head and dropped to the ground like a sack of potatoes. I landed in a heap behind the counter.

Thank God my headache was the worse injury inflicted that night. The old guy never came back to work, but the experience instilled my desire to be able to protect myself. I started going to gun shops and as a result I procured my very first Colt Diamond Back in .38spcl.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishcopper View Post
    What an idiot! I'm glad that it worked out and no one was injured. Thankfully the weapon was empty. Another reason for me not to like Taurus firearms.

Now that is real intelligent of you..... to not like a particular firearm brand simply because someone elses friend was threatening him with an unloaded one from that manufacturer.......

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast