Who has had a gun pulled on them
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who has had a gun pulled on them

Who has had a gun pulled on them

I was wondering how many folks have had a gun pulled on them before and after getting a CCW.
    My self... When living in California TWICE for me. first time was a armed robbery(1 BG), second was a Car Jacking (3 BG). Both times happend in good areas of town. No...I did not have a permit either time because the county I lived in did NOT issue permits. After moving to Missouri I never felt the need to get Permit till a while ago. things are changing here too, and speaking from real experience....YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN IT WILL HAPPEN.

A few times, when I worked in armed security. Very exciting at first, then later unnerving. I learned from those experiences just how fast things can go to heck, and how well and fast I can react to a threat. Luckily I never had to shoot but there were times I had a good press on the trigger. There are a few people walking around today only because of a pound of pressure and a fraction of an inch, and in a couple cases because I went hands on and neutralized the threat. It's true what's said, there are no rules in a fight for your life.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

My room mate shot me when I was 21 does that count?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

5. I had one pointed at my head at work a number of years ago. Very good neighborhood, quite surprising. Still an hour before closing, but 2 masked gunmen burst in the door. We all thought it was a joke at first, that kind of thing just never happens around there. No joke though...

They had the drop on us good. Eventually, they both turned their attention to the other guy working that night, but by that time they had me on the ground in the back. Given the surprise, positioning/spacing, etc, a CCW wouldn't have helped me. They caught us at the worst possible (for us). Typically there's a guy in the backroom, or someplace not directly visible from the door. CCW *might* have been helpful there.

The lessen I pulled from that was that I should get my CCW. It might not always be useful, but better to have it for the case when I might be able to use it than to NOT have it!

I've had guns pulled on me a few times and have been a target of a professional; (who missed with a rifle and a car bomb).

I've also got caught up in a crossfire and had bullets wiz by so close to my head that I felt my hair move.

I was robbed when I worked at a gas station in 1977.

-Doc

8. Yeah, I have.

The muzzle of a shotgun being parked a foot from the tip of your nose is an experience you don't soon forget. (For the record, it looked to be about as big as some of those tunnels out in CO.)

Even the .22 that was shoved in my face a little later looked like you could turn a 18 wheeler around in it with room to spare.

As a pizza delivery girl, I had an old fart road rage on me at a red light by getting out of his rattletrap truck, reach under the seat, pull out a handgun and wave it back at me.

Screw Domino's corporate policy. I packed from that day to the day I no longer worked there, which wasn't that long a period of time, but my leaving had nothing to do with my carrying a gun, which no one there ever knew.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

My neighbor pulled a gun on me a few months back but it was just a case of him being an idiot

http://www.gunrightsmedia.org/showthread.php?t=419027

Just got home from work, as usual the neighbor’s dog greeted me as I got out of the car. So, I walked over and scratched her ears. She got out of the fence, ran about 2 steps, yelped and dropped like a rock. I still don’t know what happened but she got up, seemed like she was fine went back in the fence and refused to come back near the gate. I decided her behavior was odd enough to inform the neighbor but not tonight.

About that time I heard the neighbor calling her and decided since he was up anyway I’d tell him about it. Rather than walk out of the dark onto his well lit patio I announced my self and blinked my light.

Next thing I know I’m looking down the barrel of his firestorm .45 ACP (nice gun BTW) I turned my flash (Streamlight Skorpion 114 lumens) back on shined it right in his eyes and said “Put the gun down “ PUT.. IT…. DOWN. I could tell by the look in his eyes he was blinded and he put the gun down very slowly and showed his hands. (He told me he thought I was a cop) Then I, very clearly, identified myself, stepped forward and asked him to show me his new piece and found out that he had heard a noise in the back yard and was investigating.

I got three things out of this

1. I should have called out and identified myself

2. He was investigating “the noise” W/out a round in the chamber I could have had him a dozen times before he even knew I was there if I had malicious intent

3. He was on a well lit patio and had no night vision. He had even less when I bright beamed him.

I don’t know that there’s a moral to the story but it woke me up
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I've had guns pulled on me a few times and have been a target of a professional; (who missed with a rifle and a car bomb).

I've also got caught up in a crossfire and had bullets wiz by so close to my head that I felt my hair move.
    What?! How did you get a hitman on your tail? I'd love to read the story if you don't mind sharing.
    Armed...not dangerous.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast