One thing I have not seen posted yet, unless I missed it, there are many gun ranges that have a lot of different types and calibre of guns that you can rent and try. These same facilities generally offer basic firearms safety and handling classes that will get you started. It is always a good idea to take a class and get the basics for handling and what to and not to do before you get bad habits (trust me, I am full of bad habits). Then once you have the basics down, you will have a much better understanding of what you are looking at when you go try out the various guns at your range. Once you find something in line with what works best for you, do your research, google about the gun you are interested in, then look at similar ones in that classification. Then you will be able to make an informed decision.

Then you will be looking at what you are going to get next. It happens.... :)

Quote Originally Posted by lanna View Post
My husband want to buy a Ruger 357 revolver. I know nothing about guns and I have never shot one before. Would this be a hard gun for someone like me to shoot? What kinds of things do I need to know about? What would be the best gun to start with?

Any help would be great.

Thank you