Long Island Homeowner Defends Self against Burglars

Thread: Long Island Homeowner Defends Self against Burglars

Long Island Homeowner Defends Self against Burglars

Last edited by stuckinnj; 02-28-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: spelling mistake (defense v. defends)

It's always good to read where citizens stood up to the bad guys, TY for sharing
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

that's exactly why good people should have guns
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Hmmmmmm
    The burglars grabbed some money that was laying around the living room.
    I find that statement rather interesting. Can't speak for everyone else but there is never any money laying around my living room, (or anywhere else for that matter):huh:

Why did the home owner shoot after chasing them? That is a big NO-NO. Once the threat has stopped you need to stop. Sounds like a bad choice to me. And why was money "laying around the living room"? Something smells fishy with this one.
    Be safe, shoot straight and have fun!!

Scott
    Northeast PA (Luzerne County)
    Glock 21 45ACP
    Mossberg 835 12GA Magnum
    Ruger 10/22

NRA Life Member
    IDPA Member - SSP & CDP Marksman

This incident brings to mind the scene in the movie "Boogie Nights" when the guys ripped off, then tried to rob the rich dude and he came out shooting a shotgun yelling "Take that puppies!"

+1 for Glock Man. Chasing someone with a gun is not something we should be doing.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

8. 2 dead bad guys in the living room would have been a better ending. Crime as a profession should be extremely dangerous.

Just goes to show that even in NY the good guys can win!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787