The last place I would disarm myself is a Walmart bathroom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The last place I would disarm myself is a Walmart bathroom

The last place I would disarm myself is a Walmart bathroom

Crystal Lake is a North Western suburb of Chicago, so I can understand him wanting to carry anywhere around Chicago, but Damn! That just makes CCWers look completely stupid!

How in Blue Blazes can you NOT know your a lighter by a couple of ounces of steel! For cryin out loud! How many people, besides this old buzzard doesn't check the stall before exiting? Dropped wallet, a comb, your keys? Your pants are down around your ankles and you don't check after a pull up? Maybe it's time to start to reevaluate the possession of a fire arm by old timers. And I AM assuming he was an old timer.

Believe me, this is NOT a problem when your carry gun is a Glock 21.

He probably pulled it out of the holster and left it on a horizontal somewhere inside the stall.
    Armed...not dangerous.

Why not just leave it in the holster??

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Believe me, this is NOT a problem when your carry gun is a Glock 21.
    Quoted for Truth. My EDC is a G21. I have never even almost left it somewhere.
    Colorado Gun Owners - COGO
    A discussion forum for Colorado Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackieChan View Post
    Why not just leave it in the holster??
    Because when you drop your pants to do the deuce, your gun is then exposed and vulnerable to be snatched up.
    Armed...not dangerous.

Recently I was in a Wal-Mart in Spokane Wa and nature called. No matter which 'end' I have to do I always use a stall because nobody can see I am packing. While standing there draining my morning coffee, I heard some heavy breathing in the next stall followed by a moan and a male voice saying "that was gooood". Looking down I could see that someone was sitting on the toilet by the way the feet were pointed. Then 2 more feet appeared like someone was stepping down from the toilet. It doesnt take a brain surgen to figure out what was happening. I finnished recycling my coffee and made a fast exit. I sat down on a nearby bench and shortly recognized the 2 sets of shoes with their male owners wearing them exiting the mens room I did not report it because it their word against mine and it looked like they were leaving. Would I ever go in a mens room there unarmed? NO! It did show me that trouble can happen even when answering the call of nature and I need to be aware. And I always make sure I have my gun exactly where is is supposed to be before opening the stall door to exit.

Quote Originally Posted by uscg4good View Post
    Because when you drop your pants to do the deuce, your gun is then exposed and vulnerable to be snatched up.
    We need to make a bathroom tactics thread.

Just leave your beltline at your knees.

He's darn lucky it was turned in by an honest citizen and he'll be able to recover it.

3X PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast