Hiding Guns - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hiding Guns

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    No matter how clever you think you are at hiding a gun, a child will find it.
    Yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with that.

Chap,
    Even with your fire rated safe it is probably pre drilled to allow you to bolt it to the floor, most of them are.

These are some interesting replies. The good news is where I have mine is not listed. I have friends with hand guns in their glove compartments handguns by the bed, Shotguns in trunks, etc. Safes and cabinets. I guess from reading all these thoughts, that that method in one of the James Bond movies is best. A notice on the car that says it is protected by a security system. The guy brakes the glass, and the car blows up killing him. I read years ago that Israel had developed one, that would send 50,000 - 100,000 volts through you. Make you poop your pants. I want one of those security systems. You touch the door of the safe and good bye.
    My sister could not find her .357 Mag. S&W a while back. She went to the police to report it missing. Later her husband said he took it when he went camping and forgot to put it back. So she had to go back to the police and explain the mistake. the officer told her that could be a case of "Justifiable Homicide." Good sense of humor those cowboys.
    CA

Just a reminder, that there are all sorts of people, good & bad, surfing forums & are getting all this good info from us. And of course all the advertisements for picture frames and other SECRET gizmos. Best not to advertise where you keep your valuables as best as possible also.

JSDinTexas Guest
    I would suggest there is no place something is hidden that couldn't be found. If I had a bunch of firearms, etc. my vote goes for a 1000 lb safe - at least that would take a pickup truck and a couple of come-alongs. My guns are with me all the time, insurance can take care of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by pyth0n View Post
    Just a reminder, that there are all sorts of people, good & bad, surfing forums & are getting all this good info from us. And of course all the advertisements for picture frames and other SECRET gizmos. Best not to advertise where you keep your valuables as best as possible also.
    Um...yeah..I keep my guns...uh...on my kitchen table. Yeah, that's it...on the table. And its ALL THE WAY at the other end of the house. Yeah...so I probably wouldn't hear you if you kick in the back door. Boy! I sure hope no bad guys break in to get my guns.

I keep my guns over at my neighbors's house - so all you BG's reading this should go over there and look for them.

Have been broken into several times-they have gotten two P-14s, Colt AR, mini 14, two 500 Mossies, 742 carbine, and lots of little items-forgot the mauser in 308. I now have an adequate safe, two independent camera systems plus a game cam. I will not waste my time reporting another theft but the problem will be solved so another will not be bothered by the scum(not that I would do anything illegal nor am I advocating such).
    A buddy had every gun stolen from his home and they breached his safe also. They found all his "hidey hole" guns as they ransacked his home.
    We moved a mobile home in behind us and a retired lady lives in it. Sure is nice to have a second set of eyes when we are not at home.

Another Thought

So far it looks to me the Safe is the Best, Bolted to the floor. Before I did something like this, I wanted a pretty good idea that it would work. I do appreciate all the good ideas and thoughts. But it is not just guns, what about emergency food and water, for a situation like a bad storm etc. If the power is out for a week or two, your neighbors will not be your friends if you have food and they do not.
    Zombies everywhere.
    I do have a few customers that built Safe Rooms into their homes. With False Walls.
    Guns etc are stored there. In the event of the house being broken into, they can go in there, and there is a phone to dial the police. But then again they are able to afford such things. Kind of hard if you rent or live in an apartment.
    Years ago in Philadelphia at a safety seminar I went to, they suggested leaving some cash out and something easily found, like a pellet gun. Thieves are looking for a quick score and out for drug money.
    I would still rather have the dog eat them. As the world progresses downward to more and more lawlessness, I think having firearms available, and out of sight is important.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackieChan View Post
    Very good input!
    +2 also! (wife and I both agree)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast