More proof the police aren't always around - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More proof the police aren't always around

So, I was out eating with a friend last night, and there's a couple outside at a patio table. There were also a couple of cops a few tables away. The couple came inside to look at something, and the girl left her purse on the table. My friend and I went over to tell her that she had left her purse outside.

Her response was...

"Oh, I know...it's ok though, there's police out there."

That's stupid on many different levels - she's trusting the competence of (presumably) unknown LEOs, she's assuming they're not going to leave, she's unnecessarily putting her purse at risk, and she's placing the burden of private security detail on people who don't even know they've been drafted for that job.

Police presence is awesome, but it would be stupid in any situation to take for granted that they're going to provide any kind of protection - especially off-duty ones who are sitting around eating. I think that from now on, I'll just leave my doors unlocked and windows open...because hey, the cops are out there somewhere. That'll stop the criminals, right?
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. SIG View Post
    Yup, personal protection really isn't the job of the Police! :huh:
    It's like the saying goes... "when seconds count, the Police are only minutes away"! :police:
    What ever happened to "Serve & Protect"?
    Any more it seems that their function is post-incident, there only to write reports and appoint someone for clean-up detail.
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Serve & protect???

This is great!
    Besides having her elbow too high to control a carbine in a CQB, and besides not having very good cover, does anyone see anything else wrong with this photo? Click on the photo to enlarge.
    I just hope that If I ever have to really face any BG's, that they are as well trained as this officer.

Attachment 40
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    This is great!
    Besides having her elbow too high to control a carbine in a CQB, and besides not having very good cover, does anyone see anything else wrong with this photo? Click on the photo to enlarge.
    I just hope that If I ever have to really face any BG's, that they are as well trained as this officer.

Attachment 40

Well for one it would be nice if she was behind cover instead of making herself and easy target.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yeah, but I kind of like the way she has the magazine in backwards...

magazine

Yeah, but I kind of like the way she has the magazine in backwards...
    Very observent. I did not notice that. Perhaps this a a new design that I am not familar with.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Its ok, she probably put the rounds in the magazine backwards too so 2 wrongs will make a right...or does that make a right a left...:huh:

This is great!

Attachment 40
    She's a woman? Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I'm no expert, but I don't think I've ever seen an AR banana magazine pointing TOWARDS you......

PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN OR I WILL SHOOT!!!!!

SIR?! SIR!!!! Click-ploink**

** Ploink is the sound that I have in my head for when a firing pin hits the nose of a bullet
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

What ever happened to "Serve & Protect"?
    Any more it seems that their function is post-incident, there only to write reports and appoint someone for clean-up detail.
    Most of patrol-level police work in the US is breaking up incidents between people who are insane/intoxicated/otherwise impaired, temporarily resolving domestic incidents, stopping suspicious cars full of thugs, or pedestrian thugs and having them empty their pockets, and showing up to accidents or incidents and determining who to cite or arrest. They'll also stop Joe Blow occasionally for not using his turn signal.

They're not usually handling geniuses or assassins from James Bond - most of the people that cops encounter on an arresting basis live pretty hard and don't have much to show for it. Most of the time that the average person encounters them, it's for a traffic stop, or to be served with papers from family court.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

11. Talking

This is great!

Attachment 40
    OMG! ROTFLMAO!!! I am astonished! I am just sitting here holding my gut because I was laughing so hard! I think they should use this for her next promotion board! America's finest! I wondr how well you have to score on the placement tests to get her job?:huh:
    ["Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
    - Ben Franklin
    FONT]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12