More proof the police aren't always around
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More proof the police aren't always around

More proof the police aren't always around

Just in case anyone needed further convincing that the police cannot be counted on to protect you:

http://www.abc3340.com/news/stories/0208/500024.html

Note that it says the shooting occured outside the UNMANNED police substation. Try as they might, our LEOs can't be everywhere at once.

I agree 100%.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

That's very sad. No matter how great our police force is, it's impossible for them to be everywhere.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

that's really too bad
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Post Subject

Sadly in our violent society we cannot count on the police to be present in our time of need. We have to enpower ourselves to be responsible for our own safety. I think that speaks volumes, for the members of this site. As that is exactly what we have done. We are not sheep awaiting slaughter by a vicious predator.
    An armed society is a polite society.

No we can't count on the Police, My son is a county police here in Horry co. SC. There officers are spread so thin over the county, there respnoce time, even for backup is an averag of 20 min., Its a shame, and sad............ :=(
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

8. Yup, personal protection really isn't the job of the Police! :huh:

It's like the saying goes... "when seconds count, the Police are only minutes away"! :police:

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

9. i believe it was a Supreme Court ruling in 1982 that states " your local law enforcement agency is not responsable for your protection"
    If we can't carry guns to protect ourselfs, than why can cops carry guns to protect themselves?

I have brought this up before in another thread but this sounds like a good time to remind us all (as if any of us need convincing) about the need to protect ourselves. A number of years back a lady in Dallas called 911 to report someone trying to break into her apartment. Fourty five min. later the police arrived to find her dead.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

11. They are great if they are there. Like who wants to rush to a gun fight. They will do the papper work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast