Are .380's a Ripoff? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55

Thread: Are .380's a Ripoff?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    You are probably correct that people with 380s might do less practice shooting because these small guns tend to get uncomfortable. 9mm is the caliber everybody and his brother uses so there's a lot more being made.

    I recently came across this company and it's by far the best price I have seen

    380 Auto 100 gr FMJ New

    They also have 9mm at 8.45$ which I will definetely try.
    That's the cheapest 380 factory ammo I've seen yet. Of course I'll have to factor in the shipping. Do you have any experience with this ammo brand?
    “The fundamental force behind the Second Amendment is to empower the people and give them the greatest measure of authority over the tyranny of runaway government.” U.S. Rep. Bob Schaffer, 2002

  2.   
  3. #42
    Yes, I have shot a couple hundred rounds of various calibers, I had no problems or issues. Recently the company reoarganized shipping and some people had delays on their orders but I think that should be all sorted out now.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Virginia / Pennsylvania
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by longslide10:272509
    With the new Sig 938 and the Kimber Solo and other lt wt 9's I can't see buying a 380
    The P938 is not in stores around me yet and I played with the Solo, it hirts my hand without firing it! So I baught the P238 besides it never hurts to buy another gun. I'II look at the P938 when it comes out.

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Yes, I have shot a couple hundred rounds of various calibers, I had no problems or issues. Recently the company reoarganized shipping and some people had delays on their orders but I think that should be all sorted out now.
    Where are they physically located? I looked the website over and couldn't find a corporate or factory address. Kinda makes it hard to trust them and be a new customer.
    “There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.”- Mr. Herbert Garrison
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."- Jeff Cooper
    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still."- D. Carnegie

  6. #45
    The technology is improving so they can make smaller guns in bigger calibers, something that used to only be found in .32 and .25 calibers, two more rather expensive cartridges. It's nice to have the different caliber choices now for pocket guns. Given the recoil in some of the smaller guns, it makes sense to go with a smaller caliber for better accuracy, given the shorter barrel length. To each his/her own.

  7. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldekard View Post
    Where are they physically located? I looked the website over and couldn't find a corporate or factory address. Kinda makes it hard to trust them and be a new customer.
    If you would remind me I will try to locate an old invoice from them!
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    About 2 years ago there was a thread on one of the too many gun forums I hang out on. It was all about FBI shooting statistics, calaber, number of incidents, No of shots fired, how many to stop.
    Bottom line was the. 380 was up there with the 9MM in stopping power, and I'm sure one of you will be able to back track that data.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The first state to secede!!!!
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    You are probably correct that people with 380s might do less practice shooting because these small guns tend to get uncomfortable. 9mm is the caliber everybody and his brother uses so there's a lot more being made.

    I recently came across this company and it's by far the best price I have seen

    380 Auto 100 gr FMJ New

    They also have 9mm at 8.45$ which I will definetely try.
    Great prices....but how good is the product?

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The first state to secede!!!!
    Posts
    325
    I've found that constantly monitoring the stores where I purchase ammo can save me a good deal on my .380 ammo. Occasionally, Academy Sports will put some boxes of 100 on sale for $29. A local gun store sells CCI Blazers for $14 (box of 50) on occasion. I just look for sales, & when one happens, I drop in & buy a box or two.

  11. Heck, why are .410 shells almost twice as much as 12 gauge shells for that matter????????

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast