Recommended 1911 upgrades? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended 1911 upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    I recomend getting a Glock as an upgrade from the 1911.
    I think you got it wrong. Should have read: I recommend getting a 1911 as an upgrade from a Glock.

Save yourself a lot of time and grief. Get yourself a STI Spartan, it's a budget 1911 that uses an Armscor frame, Slide and Barrel with all STI internals built in the PI to STI specks. Quality control on the examples I've examined have been impressive for the price point. My every day carry gun is a Springfield Professional.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    LOL, I have a S&W M&P for that.
    +1

5. .45 upgrades?

It's been a while since I've posted here, but..........

I picked up an Auto-Ordnance .45 at a gun show last year. $200 Bought some Pacymayr grips, polished the feed ramp.............

(this thing wouldn't feed anything at the time. It was a gun waiting for melt-down. Cleaned her up, polished the ramp, bought some Power Mags.....)

She is now my gun of choice. My carry gun. Versa Max II IWB holster, Chip's mags, and nothing but 230gr, JHP. One jam in the last 300 rds.

She's my baby. Thinking about "Robar finishing" for her next.

Steel is steel, but you come to trust a weapon.

-Wraith

Ah the wonderful world of the 1911 and all of its upgrades! You can truly make a 1911 all yours with all the options available! I think you are smart with your first two choices of grips and sights. After that IMO I would change one thing and test, see how that goes before changing something else. Personally I try to stick with one manufacturer of replacements as tolerance stackups "might" become an issue. If you go with the titanium strut you might want to consider a titanium firing pin as well but that's just a thought. I strictly use Wilson Combat mags, I have tried most others and these just have never failed me, both on the job and as personal use. Of course with all of this said it's just my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12