12-Year-Old Who 'Recklessly' Fired Gun Is Same Boy Who Shot Father In 2008
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12-Year-Old Who 'Recklessly' Fired Gun Is Same Boy Who Shot Father In 2008

12-Year-Old Who 'Recklessly' Fired Gun Is Same Boy Who Shot Father In 2008

Not everyone should own guns:

A 12-year-old seen firing a rifle at his home without supervision, leading to his mother's arrest Wednesday, is the same boy who shot his father in the neck three years ago, police said.

On April 3, 2008, Simonelli and the boy's father, Joseph Simonelli Sr., were arrested after the boy accidentally shot the father in the neck.

After that shooting, police seized 62 rifles, shotguns and machine guns from the family's Wopowog Road home. They also confiscated 10 pistols, a flare gun, a grenade launcher, two crossbows and what they called a "massive" amount of ammunition, according to the 2008 arrest warrant.

A full, open gun cabinet was in the boy's room, and the room's walls had holes that appeared to have come from shots fired indoors.

Both parents said Joseph Simonelli had been hit outside by a hunter's stray bullet, but police said that they found no evidence to support the story and in fact found a bullet hole and bloodstains on the living room couch.

Alexandria Simonelli pleaded no contest to second-degree reckless endangerment in 2008 and was given a suspended, six-month jail sentence, according to judicial records.

Joseph Simonelli pleaded guilty to negligent storage of a firearm and was given a suspended two-year sentence.

His sentence was to run concurrently with a separate, suspended two-year sentence for carrying a dangerous weapon. He was convicted of that crime because he had tried to get into the Middletown courthouse with a knife for one of his court appearances.
    full story here

That gene pool needs a little chlorine!

Stupid is as stupid does, mama always said

I'm speechless.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    That gene pool needs a little chlorine!
    A large dose is really needed there.

Darwin will handle the rest.
    Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Can stupidity be taught?

We shall see if genetic makeup is stronger than mimicking the dumb dad

If there was "machine guns" Then Dad and Mom would be in prison. I'm calling shenanigans on the reporting. But they are both idiots regardless.
    http://www.change.org/petitions/self...tate-residents
    NRA Life Member, SCOPE,SAF Join up!

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    If there was "machine guns" Then Dad and Mom would be in prison. I'm calling shenanigans on the reporting. But they are both idiots regardless.
    The should both spend a lot of time in jail, but "machine gun" would lump together anything thats full auto. Why would you go to jail for that? You can own them.

I agree with everyone but like BC1, I'm speechless.
    NRA Life Memeber, GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, OPHA, OFBA, FTA

Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast