In your opinion, which state(s) is/are the most gun friendly? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, which state(s) is/are the most gun friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    I didn't attend to hurt anybody's feelings. My information, however, is absolutely correct. My source is Indiana state law. If you don't believe me, click here. http://www.in.gov/legislative/ic/cod.../ar47/ch2.html

I quote from 35-47-2-3...

From 35-47-2-5

I won't argue the may vs. shall issue point. It seems to me though that if the superintendent can deny you for 'reason' and 'character and reputation', then he may issue and he may not and there isn't a lot of recourse.

I guess I wasn't aware of this wording in Indiana's state law. However, in practice, a person's character plays absolutely no role in the issuance of a permit. All that matters is whether or not an applicant can pass the background check. Indiana is also a shall issue state in practice. As I said in my last post I reside in the most anti gun part of the state and the reality is my state does not consider an applicant's character and is shall issue. All pro gun and NRA websites, as well as the experiences of myself and everyone else I know with an Indiana permit, will back me up on that fact.

I'd put Ok in there . Texas too if you include all gun laws including hunting.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    (George Washington)

http://www.helprebekah.com./

I think Alaska and Vermont should be tied for first. Their unrestricted right to carry is my reason. Arizona is not a bad choice, and I can see the reasoning for overall gun friendliness.

Just for clarification on Virginia the magazine and threaded barrel restrictions are only if carried in public and only in a few of the urban areas, and the restrictions do not apply if one has a CHP. Also if it matters, Virginia does its own background checks and doesn't use the NICS system. Initially it wasn't a plus because we had it before the Brady Law but I think it is better to keep gun info away from the feds and it exempted us from the waiting periods under that law.

5. I think we're one of the "gun friendly" states... Nevada!

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. SIG View Post
    I think we're one of the "gun friendly" states... Nevada!
    Nevada will not recognize CCW holders that have non-res permits. So since I am an IL res with a PA & FL non-res permit, I cannot carry there.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

7. Quote Originally Posted by rabywk View Post
    Nevada will not recognize CCW holders that have non-res permits. So since I am an IL res with a PA & FL non-res permit, I cannot carry there.
    I guess that by "gun friendly" I was thinking mostly how Nevada treats it's citizens. But things are changing for the better.

Nevada now has reciprocity with Alaska, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Nebraska, Tennessee and Utah. ;)

Non-res permits are an issue but at least it's a step in the right direction. The wheels turn slowly!
    Last edited by Sgt. SIG; 09-28-2007 at 01:57 PM.

Hey Sgt. SIG. Do you Nevadans not like us Texicans? We'll accept your permit but you won't accept ours?!?

Some of you (in talking about Indiana and Alabama) are forgetting that "Shall Issue" does not mean it's automatic, in any state.

The difference between shall and may is that instead of you having to prove why you need a permit/license, the government has to prove why you shouldn't have one.
    Doug - NRA, GOA, MGO, SAFE

G17, G19, G22, G23, G26, G27, SIG P229, Ruger GP100
    Bushmaster AR-15 (XM-15), Winchester 1300 Defender 12 Gauge, Ruger PC-9 (9mm Carbine)

Why do I carry a gun? Because I can't carry a cop!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    Hey Sgt. SIG. Do you Nevadans not like us Texicans? We'll accept your permit but you won't accept ours?!?
    Ha Ha! Naw it's your darn permit! Like everything else in Texas... IT'S TOO BIG! :D

My daughter and her husband live in Plano so I guess wez cousins Torch! :p

I was disappointed though to see how small the reciprocity list was. I hope that changes with time.

Plano?

We Texicans don't recognize Plano as part of the Republic. Plano is the land of rich heroin addicted youth. ;)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast