In your opinion, which state(s) is/are the most gun friendly? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, which state(s) is/are the most gun friendly?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Bubba View Post
    One word of caution for Florida though, as the Northeast libs move down there for retirement and winter homes, the political climate seems to be changing. If they don't watch their state voting, soon they'll be living in Jersey. As CCW laws increase and States, citizens and LEO's get used to the idea, things seem to improve. I compare the Northeast to the old Communist Soviet Union, except for maybe Vermont. :(
    My Florida CCW paper work and finger print card came in the mail today.:D
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. Cool!!!!

Go for it!:) The more CCW's in a state, the better.

Missouri is a shall issue state that recognized by more states than any other. 34 and counting.
    All that is neccessary for the triumph of evil, is that good men do nothing...Edmund Burke

Oklahoma recognizes alot of states. Even Neveda. But Nevada doesn't recip. I wish Iowa, ILL, and Wisconsin would get there act together.
    Don
    Ret. MSgt
    USAF

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsarge View Post
    Missouri is a shall issue state that recognized by more states than any other. 34 and counting.

34 is lovely but, is is as easy to get a non-resident CCW as Florida which has 31 and only requires US Citizenship. If so, it will be the next one I obtain.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"Vermont: This state has the best carry laws of any state in America. Unlike many of the states out west that allow unlicensed open carry, Vermont also allows concealed carry without a permit, for both residents and nonresidents"

I would double check that nonresident CC in Vermont. I grew up and lived there for 50 years, From what I have been told by state and local cops and read in Vermont laws, you have to be legal in your home state to carry in Vermont. So non resident without a permit from home, no concealed carry. Vermont does recognise all other states permits

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsarge View Post
    (Iamasarge!) North Carolina 36 and counting... howboutthat???
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    (Iamasarge!) North Carolina 36 and counting... howboutthat???
    Florida is at 36 also.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer1 View Post
    I would have to give Missouri my vote. They recognize all other states permit, you can carry in your vehicle without a permit, do not frown no open carry (which is good on a windy day) and if you go into a place that is posted and they catch you all they can do is ask you to leave, if you do so case closed but if you refuse then things change real fast
    Emphasis added on carrying in posted places. There is no "gun related charge" associated with carrying in places posted off limits like there is in many states. Even if you are asked to leave and do not you might get a citation ($100 fine). Missouri is gun friendly, but restricts too many odd places, ie. churches, hospitals, daycare, amusement parks. The "peaceable journey law" has been on the books for a long time. Anyone 21 or over can vehicle concealed carry without a permit. I would put Missouri on the list somewhere around 9 or 10. By my count, Missouri is accepted in 37 other states.
    Last edited by weekendskp; 03-08-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: additions
    "The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms'. If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'." -- Ken Konecki on Usenet, on 27 Jul 1992

PA isn't bad. Not sure where it ranks, but you don't need training (which I actually don't agree with) and you can carry concealed just about anywhere... cept for govt buildings and in schools.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast