Gun show leaves two injured, lands a third in jail - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gun show leaves two injured, lands a third in jail

1. Quote Originally Posted by BruceGAtl View Post
    NOT THAT I DON'T TRUST THE MEDIA.... but I have yet to see anyone tie the trigger and unless the guy writing the article was there and SAW that the trigger was tied...
    Sounds to me like there ARE gun shows that do zip tie the trigger:

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    The Florida gun shows that I have been to here all do the zip tie around the trigger as well but there are sheriff's at the front clearing the weapon, unloading the mags and then they zip tie the triggers.
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBlue View Post
    NavyLT, I was kind of surprised myself the way they were securing them but I don't bring any guns with me so I didn't give it much of a thought until this thread popped up.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

You can attempt to prevent stupid, but stupid usually can find a way around preventative measures. Stupid cannot be fixed. Ever. When stupid gets in the company of firearms, bad things happen. MR

Don't count on the newspaper to accurately report a story. Any story.

That being said, you think he bought the wrong holster? Probably had finger on trigger when he holstered.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18
    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Mosbyranger View Post
    You can attempt to prevent stupid, but stupid usually can find a way around preventative measures. Stupid cannot be fixed. Ever. When stupid gets in the company of firearms, bad things happen. MR
    How about stupid behind the wheel?? 95 people die every week on the highways because of stupid. Where is the outrage??
    Last edited by wooddoctor; 04-11-2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: week not year Thanks NavyLT
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

6. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    How about stupid behind the wheel?? 95 people die every year on the highways because of stupid. Where is the outrage??
    Did you read what you wrote?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

JSDinTexas Guest
    Ahhh, guns and alcohol, let the fun commence ...

8. Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    How about stupid behind the wheel?? 95 people die every week on the highways because of stupid. Where is the outrage??
    And that's what I don't understand. But there are people even on this forum that will say we have to treat guns differently than vehicles because guns are designed to kill people. To which I call bull. My car keys in my pocket are no different than the gun on my belt. They are both only inanimate objects until I choose to actually operate them, and then both the car and the gun have equal capability of killing people.

i sometimes wonder if the anti's set crap like this up, give a gun to someone who shouldnt just so they can say "see, see i told you" i know far fetched but i wouldnt put it past some of them to prove there point, and get there funding...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

10. Quote Originally Posted by Hatchet View Post
    i sometimes wonder if the anti's set crap like this up, give a gun to someone who shouldnt just so they can say "see, see i told you" i know far fetched but i wouldnt put it past some of them to prove there point, and get there funding...
    Bloomberg and his cronies do it all the time. Even the ATF has been doing it... (GUNRUNNER).

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    For every post that I see complaining about the proprietors of a gun show not being strict enough I can also find one that swears that they will never go to a gun show where they can't walk around wearing their gun just as they always do. Then there are the ones that say there is nothing wrong with having a few beers while carrying especially if they have to be disarmed at a gun show.

You are correct about stupid people do stupid things but to blame the operators of the gun show for not enforcing the rules sounds exactly like what the Brady Bunch says about all guns and gun laws. What I find in this thread is a lot of nit-picking posts about terminology and trying to blame someone for not protecting people from an average gun show attendee when we at the same time complain about them trying to enforce those same rules upon us.
    I reiterate: I put some of the blame for this on the proprietors of the show for not taking assured actions to prevent this type of action from happening.

Note I said SOME of the blame. Most of the blame goes on the idiot.

Every show I've been to in PA, Ga AL and Fl have the same thing in common. Each had a sign out front that said "No loaded weapons or magazines. All guns and packages must be inspected" And, with rare exception, there was a LEO doing the inspections. Every gun was zip tied in on form or another. I'm not arguing the methodology of said zipping here.

And as far as allowing unsecured ammunition into a show is just asking for trouble. I've been to shows where there was absolutely NO ammo allowed to be carried in under any circumstance.

The proprietors have a responsibility to provide a safe show environment. A responsibility to you, me his insurance carrier and everyone at the show. The only way he/she can do that is if they develop, enact and enforce guidelines to create and maintain that safe environment. It's just smart business.

Now I acknowledge that there is no fixing stupid and no matter what rules are in place there will be someone who will try to circumvent the rules. I don't think that was the case here. I think a bunch of people either weren't thinking or weren't doing their jobs and the result was this knuckle head having a loaded magazine available to put into his gun and ultimately causing a discharge that resulted in injury.

Top it off with the fact that he had alcohol in him. I'll bet there were beer sales on the premises. And that's another pet peeve! We can't legally drink and drive. Why would anyone think it's okay to drink and carry a firearm? Oh don't get me started on that subject!

Collectively we have got to stop giving the grabbers more ammunition! And every time something like this happens we need to be policing our own rank before some else does it for us.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast