Buy a full size handgun for SHTF gear? Or use what you have? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buy a full size handgun for SHTF gear? Or use what you have?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Unfettered Might View Post
    Your handgun is for when they are right on top of you. Get a rifle, preferable one that takes detachable magazines.
    ................................is a compact rifle ok?

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

Okay... how the heck do you guys get the pictures into the posting? Yes I am a Luddite!

4. Well if were talking end of the world then I'll take anything in a .50 cal and perhaps the 20MM Lahti Anti Material rifle, that should come in handy when the zombies bunch up.

Not me in pic below:

Walt, Just above the text windows for the post on the far right hand side there is a thing that looks like a window with a tree in it. Just click on that and then enter the url of the picture you want to post. Or you can do it by hand by typing ["IMG"]http://www.example.com/images.jpg["/IMG"] just make sure to remove the quotes.

The 50 cal is cool but that thing is single shot and for 3 grand you could get a few more practical firearms and plenty of ammo to go with them. What's a 50 cal bullet going for now--about 5 bucks a shot? I don't have a budget for that--LOL

6. lol Murph yea the ammo isn't cheap. That 20mm only has a 3 round mag but if were talking zombies anyways practicality doesn't matter. =)

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Well the SHTF he was addressing in the video was "end of the world" total breakdown. Civil war in the streets, no government, zombies etc.. take your pick,
    YIKES ... if it's that bad, have an AK at hand and handguns in the holsters as a backup. I think even braind dead zombies will think twice before messing with an AK.

If it's SHTF/EOTWAWKI time, I want a semi automatic rifle and a friend with a shotgun. Handguns, at that point, are last ditch weapons.
    MR

Save your money so you can buy one of everything. That way there's no need to worry.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Save your money so you can buy one of everything. That way there's no need to worry.
    I have bought everything but the .50 cal. Bring 'em on. I've always said the South would rise again!

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    Yep, got one for "up close and personal", one for "laying down the pain" and one for "you'll never see it coming".

Can't really carry any more than that
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast