Buds gun shop is bad business
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buds gun shop is bad business

Buds gun shop is bad business

So here is what happened. I ordered a couple of things from Buds gun shop. It was when they were doing the give away for the 500k customer. Not thinking anything of it I went ahead and tried to win. A week and a half later I see some fraudulent charges on my bank account. I call the bank, it will be 24hrs to credit the money and in the meantime we need to cancel your card as this is where the charges are coming from. This was on a friday, no bank open on saturday and rent was due that day, so no access to any of my money and now I have a late payment charge due for rent being late. Then I get this email :

The following Fraud Alert notification email was originally sent Friday evening to a list of our customers facing the possibility of fraud. Upon receiving several customer responses to the email today, we realized that not everyone on the list received a notification. In an effort to be sure everyone on the list is notified, we are sending the same email again tonight.

You may have noticed the alert on our website indicating that credit card payments have been shut down for the weekend. This is due to our staff receiving multiple reports from customers who have experienced unauthorized charges on credit cards that were used previously on our website. Many of these customers also have made purchases at other locations and websites, so we cannot be sure of the source of the problem at this time. Please be assured that we are communicating with our third party credit card processor and are gathering all the information we can to evaluate the nature and scope of the problem. In the best interest of all our customers, credit card processing has been completely turned off for the weekend. We expect to have the additional details on Monday and will then respond accordingly.

If you have concerns about one or more of your credit cards please proceed to check your credit cards on-line website or call your credit card issuing bank to check for any recent unauthorized charges. Keep in mind that should you discover any unauthorized charges you will NOT be responsible for them in accordance with your card member agreement.

We apologize for any inconvenience and do not wish to alarm you, however we feel a responsibility to quickly inform customers that placed an order using their credit card in the event that fraud has occurred.

Well, I tried to contact them to see if there was anything they would do about this as the email basically to me said our 3rd party biller and your bank will handle all of it and buds is just gonna give you this email. I explained to them everything that happened.....Nothing, no response at all. I will never do business there again. I will stick to buying from RGGUNSNY.COM Online Store RG Guns NY Online Gun Store. At least he doesn't ignore you if there is a problem!

hmmmm intresting. i order from buds and have always had a great time dealing with them, never an issue at all...

just my opinon but maybe there is more going on.....

hopefully it gets taken care of.

I too have never had a problem with buds.

Yes they should respond.
    But you can't blame them for a problem with the third party vender.
    Hope it gets worked out.

One of my buddy's went through the same deal were he had fraudulent charges after buying a gun from Buds and it was a hassel canceling his card etc... . I've never had any problems so just guess I was lucky but some of there prices you can't beat so this last gun I just sent a money order and it took just a little longer but it wasn't a big deal. My buddy did the same thing instead of using his card. I did hear Buds has been a mess with alot of people with fraudulent charges on there cards.
    NRA Life Memeber, GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, OPHA, OFBA, FTA

Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian

Quote Originally Posted by trailboss View Post
    But you can't blame them for a problem with the third party vender.
    That pretty much sums it up.
    Just about everyone selling online uses a payment processing company and shopping cart system made by someone else. Very few companies are banks or web developers.
    If the shopping cart system or the payment processor get compromised, there's very little the sellers can do except apologize. Perhaps they could change system/processor, but that doesn't help anyone already affected.

They probably have thousands of people contacting them for the same issue. Perhaps a call would be more productive. It would also help to have an idea of what it would take to make things right for you. Perhaps a 10% off the next order, or some free product(s) that you need that would equal what you had to pay in late fees.

Don't give up in a rant, keep communication open and see if they'll come to the table to sort it out.

Just don't know how to get them to the table. And if nothing else an email back would have made me feel like I was as important of a customer as the one who dropped 5k there that week.

Just like others have said, it's not directly Buds fault. They may apparently want to switch to another card processing service. I haven't directly dealt with Buds, I window show there all the time though, So I can't directly comment to service, but I hear great things.

I did get hit like this on another site, I had a similar situation, and through email, I explained to them that about the fees incurred, and they came back and said we apologize for your inconvience I got a free 20% off of total one purchase. It's not their fault, but it puts their reliability and security on the line, and they will do what they can to keep business, after something like that.

I agree with everyone here, you can't really fault Bud's for a failure of a system they have no control over, other than switching the provider of the service if this is a persistent problem.

For a company with such a good track record, let em slide. Sometimes stuff just happens.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

ok I understand your frustration, but I have been dealing with Buds for a very long time. I have never had any issues, But also to be said I use a separate account and card for this same reason. This account I only put the exact ammount for my purchase and then it is zero balance. I only use it for online purchases.

Be safe on the internet and I'm sorry for your problem, but do not judge company because a hacker kicked there security group.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray2100 View Post
    ok I understand your frustration, but I have been dealing with Buds for a very long time. I have never had any issues, But also to be said I use a separate account and card for this same reason. This account I only put the exact ammount for my purchase and then it is zero balance. I only use it for online purchases.

Be safe on the internet and I'm sorry for your problem, but do not judge company because a hacker kicked there security group.
    Yep, I do the exact same thing. Cheap insurance.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast