Guns are not only for killing people

Thread: Guns are not only for killing people

1. Guns are not only for killing people

There are too many people out there that think guns are just for killing people. That is not the case. Guns are good when in the right hands and used by the right people. There are many uses for guns and shooting at people is not they're only purpose. The Anti-Gun-Nuts should think about this. Here is just a small list of the things they are useful for. Everyone feel free to add to the list, I know there are several that I have not mentioned.

Collecting: There are many gun collectors out there. Some that have no other reason for owning a gun other than collecting and others like collecting and shooting. Rare guns can be worth thousands of dollars.

Conversation: Some people just like to sit around and BS about their guns. When someone gets a new gun they usually like to show it off to some of their friends. So what's wrong with that.

Sporting: Target shooting is a great sport and done everyday by thousands of people. There is also combat shooting which a lot of people enjoy.

Hunting: Meat is a food source; We all have to eat. Some people like to hunt their own meat. Meat packers shoot those cows and pigs too. Does anyone put down a gun for that?

Self Defense: One never know when or where he/she is going to be in a situation where they will need to defend themselves from a fatal attack. This could be on the street on even in your own home. Face it, we need to be able to protect ourselves and we have that right to do that.

Defense for Others: Here's a scenario. Suppose you're walking past a dark alley and notice some guy holding this a knife at some ladies throat. He is trying to remove her clothing and she is terrified. Being the good citizen that you are and carrying your gun, you decide you're not going to allow this to happen. It turns out that you just had to shoot this guy because he made an attempt to stab you. You just stopped a rape and/or a murder. The lady clings onto you as you wait for the police to arrive. So who was to know that this lady was a Anti-Gun-Nut.

Just Plain Having Fun: How many gun owners like to just go out and shoot em up. Go out to the desert or wherever and shoot at cans or anything they see (of course being lawful about it). Plinking is fun and lots of people do it. I have even known some people to pick up some of the trash they shot at left by others. So tell me how that is bad.

Carry Your Gun - Exercise Your Rights

Yep, "killing people" is at the bottom of my list of reasons for owning firearms...but nevertheless it's the reason I carry. You just never know what's going to come your way.

3X PM

4. Those are all good points, however it does not change what guns ARE. All guns are weapons at their core. Dress them up how you like, use them for target practice, even highly specialized "guns" like those used in benchrest competition, all firearms are weapons. Which means they are tools designed for harm even killing.

There is NOTHING wrong with that, provided the right folks or critters get killed.

Bottom line is a GUN is a high velocity hole punch. The medium that gets the hole is the only issue.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Mustang View Post
    Those are all good points, however it does not change what guns ARE. All guns are weapons at their core. Dress them up how you like, use them for target practice, even highly specialized "guns" like those used in benchrest competition, all firearms are weapons. Which means they are tools designed for harm even killing.

There is NOTHING wrong with that, provided the right folks or critters get killed.
    I agree 100% with your statement. The problem I have is that vehicles take more lives each year then guns. Why guns are even an issue?? Is it because more dumb asses drive and it is socially acceptable to kill with a vehicle. Things should change so it is socially acceptable to kill with a gun. Well we have the state run media to blame for that and the dumb masses that follow.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia