What's your take on "Medical Marijuana Users Fight for Gun Rights" - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your take on "Medical Marijuana Users Fight for Gun Rights"

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    I'm thinkin poor doc got tied to a chair as a youth and watched an endless loop of refer madness. I don't know a single person who smoked enough in one night to die from MJ. I wish I could say the same for a few drunks I knew that drowned in their own puke.
    I never saw Reefer Madness as a youth. I have watched promising young people steer their life downhill from greatness to trash on the street all from becoming stoners.

Eventually stoners become so caught up in their stoned-ness that they start to call pot a herb or medicine.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Pot isn't medicine.

"Medical Marijuana" is a ploy for potheads to get legal dope.

-Doc
    it's the 21st century - why don't you join us?

Do you think synthetic drugs produced in a chemistry lab are medicine and a naturally occurring plant created by God is not?

You can't harvest ibuprofen. A natural life form has never grazed on acetaminophen.

We'd be better off if made the crap sold at McDonalds illegal and let people eat pot instead.

Sorry doc
    Like I said --I've been around awhile and spent about 30 years as a professional drummer so I've seen a lot.
    IMO MJ is harmless
    MJ has been used for at least 5000 years by people.
    Humans and many non human animals enjoy getting a buzz from something.--why? Because it feels good. If something makes you feel good and it causes no harm to others --why is it illegal?
    Alchohol causes more problems than all the other drugs combined--but that's ok--why?--because it's taxed and the government makes money off it--see a pattern here?

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    it's the 21st century - why don't you join us?

Do you think synthetic drugs produced in a chemistry lab are medicine and a naturally occurring plant created by God is not?

You can't harvest ibuprofen. A natural life form has never grazed on acetaminophen.

We'd be better off if made the crap sold at McDonalds illegal and let people eat pot instead.
    You are clearly stoned!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by murph50 View Post
    Sorry doc
    Like I said --I've been around awhile and spent about 30 years as a professional drummer so I've seen a lot.
    IMO MJ is harmless
    Humans and many non human animals enjoy getting a buzz from something.--why? Because it feels good. If something makes you feel good and it causes no harm to others --why is it illegal?
    Alchohol causes more problems than all the other drugs combined--but that's ok--why?--because it's taxed and the government makes money off it--see a pattern here?
    It's ok to you because you have been stoned for thirty years. Thats just as bad as guy who is regularly drunk for thirty years who doesn't see anything wrong with being drunk that long .

Both have damaged their brain cells beyond belief!

-Doc
    Last edited by Bighouse Doc; 04-14-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Sorry doc
    IMO MJ is harmless
    Humans and many non human animals enjoy getting a buzz from something.--why? Because it feels good. If something makes you feel good and it causes no harm to others --why is it illegal
    People only see what they want to see. MJ is not harmless. I see the effects on of MJ use on a daily basis and agree that most people do see it as harmless. The only problem is that MJ is so often used to medicate a co-occurring disorder not only the addiction.
    THC acts upon specific sites in the brain, called cannabis receptors, kicking off a series of cellular reactions that ultimately lead to the "high" that users experience when they smoke marijuana. Some brain areas have many cannabis receptors; others have few or none. The highest density of cannabis receptors are found in parts of the brain that influence pleasure, memory, thoughts, concentration, sensory and time perception, and coordinated movement.

Not surprisingly, marijuana intoxication can cause distorted perceptions, impaired coordination, difficulty in thinking and problem solving, and problems with learning and memory. Research has shown that marijuana's adverse impact on learning and memory can last for days or weeks after the acute effects of the drug wear off. As a result, someone who smokes marijuana every day may be functioning at a sub optimal intellectual level all of the time.
    In short MJ users whether for medical purposes or recreation SHOULD NOT OWN A FIREARM OR HAVE A CCW.
    Just my professional opinion from working with substance use disorder patients in my scope of practice.

Nevermind--I don't have time for this
    Last edited by murph50; 04-14-2011 at 10:46 PM. Reason: erased message for lack of time to persue this topic

Nevermind--I don't have time for this
    Short-term memory loss?

No--I run my own business and I usually put in 12 hr min days--7 days a week.
    My wife has been bedridden for years and is now dying--we have hospice coming in 3-4 times a week.
    I had to go start dinner.
    I don't have time for trivial insults over my opinion
    Don't drink
    Don't have time for drugs and don't have time to persue this topic because it just don't friggin matter that much to me
    Sorry I voiced my opinion here.
    Dinners almost done--and have to get the wife ready for dinner

11. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    I never saw Reefer Madness as a youth. I have watched promising young people steer their life downhill from greatness to trash on the street all from becoming stoners.

Eventually stoners become so caught up in their stoned-ness that they start to call pot a herb or medicine.

-Doc
    I am with you doc. Red diaper doper babies. Every excuse in the book to claim that it is ok to smoke wacky weed. Pot is ten 10 times worst then cigarettes in causing lung cancer. I would much rather be of sound mind when I am CC to have the winning edge. A doper pot head can easily be overcome.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."Frederic Bastia

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast