What's your take on "Medical Marijuana Users Fight for Gun Rights" - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 41

Thread: What's your take on "Medical Marijuana Users Fight for Gun Rights"

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    623
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with just letting people maintain modest amounts for personal/recreational use and quit using LE resources to fight an un-winnable battle. I don't see marijuana use as being all that much different than booze during the Prohibition era. And we know how that turned out. This one may take another generation til the folks my age die off but it'll eventually happen when the votes are there.
    So mote it be, Brother. We've seen the same light.

  2.   
  3. If you have to question why marijuana would be used to treat depression then you clearly have never smoked it and your argument is invalid. Not to mention drugs affect everyone in different ways.
    Last edited by lukem; 05-27-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Language

  4. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Both have damaged their brain cells beyond belief!
    -Doc
    Put a thief in your mouth to steal your brains, or put a thief in your lungs to steal your brains. Pot or Booze, it's all the same.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

  5. #34
    Just for the info of those here...

    The court got this one right...they ruled last week that there is no conflict involved in possessing both a Medical Marijuana Permit and a CHL in Oregon.

    The interesting part of this to me is that the Jackson County Sheriff had stated that he personally agreed that there was no conflict and "started" this case just to get a solid ruling on record, whereas the Josephine County (just above Jackson and where I live) Sheriff has just gone ahead and approved the CHPs. Jackson County SO has stated they will not appeal the decision.

    Really makes no personal difference to me...my wife has no CHL and my "marijuana card" is a "caregiver's card" that allows me to grow (I don't) and/or transport (I do, for my wife and for elderly or housebound cardholders as a volunteer job for OMMP), but not to use.

  6. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Just for the info of those here...

    The court got this one right...they ruled last week that there is no conflict involved in possessing both a Medical Marijuana Permit and a CHL in Oregon.

    The interesting part of this to me is that the Jackson County Sheriff had stated that he personally agreed that there was no conflict and "started" this case just to get a solid ruling on record, whereas the Josephine County (just above Jackson and where I live) Sheriff has just gone ahead and approved the CHPs. Jackson County SO has stated they will not appeal the decision.

    Really makes no personal difference to me...my wife has no CHL and my "marijuana card" is a "caregiver's card" that allows me to grow (I don't) and/or transport (I do, for my wife and for elderly or housebound cardholders as a volunteer job for OMMP), but not to use.
    Seems like you would be a target for thieves and thus have an enhanced need for carrying a sidearm.

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chattanooga TN
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Pot isn't medicine.

    "Medical Marijuana" is a ploy for potheads to get legal dope.

    -Doc
    ++1

  8. #37
    It's funny you say its not a medicine, because i used to use it when i was younger to help with stomach pains (nervous stomach) as the doctor called it, and for headaches and not to mention anxiety. Now that im older i wouldnt touch the stuff, but only because its illegal. I will be the first to admit most people dont use it as medicine, but it shouldn't matter, there is NO logical reason for it to be illegal, but alcohol is not. Alcohol can kill you, ruins lives, and impairs you in ways that nothing else can. its probably not a good idea to carry if your impaired by marijuana, but not because i believe you would use bad judgement, but because you would be less likely to react quickly enough to handle the situation properly

  9. #38
    It still isn't medicine.

    Stoners use the medicine line to rationalize their addiction.

    Typical doper science: "pot prevents glaucoma. I know this as a fact since I smoke several times a day and don't have glaucoma!"

    Last post for me on this one. I'm done arguing with dope addicts.

    -Doc

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    It still isn't medicine.

    Stoners use the medicine line to rationalize their addiction.

    Typical doper science: "pot prevents glaucoma. I know this as a fact since I smoke several times a day and don't have glaucoma!"

    Last post for me on this one. I'm done arguing with dope addicts.

    -Doc
    Good...personally I am tired of getting the notification and seeing an idiotic post from someone who doesn't have the least idea what they are talking about but are convinced they are an expert on the subject.

    If all you wish to do is insult people and spout stupid slogans, do it on a freaking street corner with the other derelicts.

    Yes, it does have medicinal qualities...I see it working every week and hear from people (some of whom had the same ignorant reaction as you a few years ago until their doctors got them to try it) whose symptoms are now bearable. But...of course these cancer, Crohn's and Fibromyalgia patients are just faking the symptoms anyway to get the "dope" I guess.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cataw. Co. NC.
    Posts
    135
    I'm all for giving medical marijuana card holders and alcoholics ccw permits. It is all about a time and a place. When you carry, do it sober. When you are going to drink or smoke leave the weapon at home. It's that simple!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast