Laser sights,tactical edge? Or waste of time and money? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Tactical edge? Waste of time and money?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, they give you a edge.

9 50.00%
  • Yes,waste of time and money. Iron sights are all I need.

2 11.11%
  • Real men don't use a sissy laser.

0 0%
  • 20/20, gives you a edge at times and handicaps you at others.

7 38.89%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser sights,tactical edge? Or waste of time and money?

Why hasn't anyone mentioned eyesight issues as a possible reason for lasers. While I can hit my target out to 25 yds without my glasses, I am MUCH more accurate with the glasses or laser.

3. They are, in my opinion, an accessory that fills a specific niche and fills it well. When you are in a situation where they are needed, they work fine but otherwise they are unnecessary.

The biggest issue I have with them is they become a crutch that some folks lean on rather than using the 'dumb' iron sights correctly or proper shooting technique. Like in so many other areas of modern society, folks tend to think that the high tech answer is better than the low tech one. There's no replacing doing things right (like grip and trigger press) and lining up the sights.

As for their 'necessity' for instinctive or point shooting, I know for a fact that isn't true. Been there and learned to do that well enough that the coroner won't be able to tell the difference unless he checked bullet angles. All it takes is some instruction on the technique and the dedication to spend some range time perfecting it. The guy that taught me to instinctively shoot from the hip shoots as well or better from the hip at 15 yards as most folks can using a 2 hand stance. Of course, he burned a 1,000 or more rounds a week for years practicing to get that good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12