CCW and the TSA - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CCW and the TSA

1. Quote Originally Posted by rdc2co View Post
    Yes, theft of items from luggage is a definite issue. I write (or type) up an inventory of everything in each piece of luggage. I copy it and keep it with me and one in the luggage item itself- just to let them know that I'm keeping track of my stuff. So far, it has worked- at least for two trips, anyway.
    Add to your note as a header "Pursuant to Federal Law anyone inspecting this luggage must identify themselves by name and TSA identifier of record" DO NOT GIVE ANY CITATIONS TO LAW when doing this, create a 'Printed Name, Signature, Airport ID, and Date' lines to be filled in below that header. Also add "all contents have been photographed" as well.

Medical items can be carried on board the aircraft with you, and you will be allowed that additional carry on bag FREE of charge as long as it doesn't have non-medical items in it i.e. shirts shoes etc. You can also carry on water (regular ol H2O) and some foods in that bag if they medically necessary. per TSA & Air Carriers Act (the FFA version of ADA).
    dr12

Anyone take notice that some of those TSA workers look like their from third world countries themselves !

Enjoy the pat down, really enjoy it noise and bless you sweet thing.

I agree and have feltt the same for some time. I fly all time

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
    Because what you are proposing would make entirely too much sense. I have been advocating a "trusted traveler" program for a decade or more. The program would provide security exceptions to:
    1. Law Enforcement
    2. Active duty military
    3. Holders of state issued CCW and other firearms permits (in Florida we have to go through a fingerprint check to get the CCW)
    4. Frequent travelers at some level of mileage based on airline figures (what are the odds that someone who flies 50,000 miles a year is going to do something)
    and a few other categories.

Doing this would allow us to make the haystack smaller and make finding the needle a whole lot easier.

Then I realized that the security theater has nothing to do with security and every thing to do with control. The TSA is not about security, they are part of the long term trend toward the police state.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat12 View Post
    Add to your note as a header "Pursuant to Federal Law anyone inspecting this luggage must identify themselves by name and TSA identifier of record" DO NOT GIVE ANY CITATIONS TO LAW when doing this, create a 'Printed Name, Signature, Airport ID, and Date' lines to be filled in below that header. Also add "all contents have been photographed" as well.

Medical items can be carried on board the aircraft with you, and you will be allowed that additional carry on bag FREE of charge as long as it doesn't have non-medical items in it i.e. shirts shoes etc. You can also carry on water (regular ol H2O) and some foods in that bag if they medically necessary. per TSA & Air Carriers Act (the FFA version of ADA).
    dr12
    Always check your locks as the TSA clowns have been known to put the wrong ones on bagage. In other words, not your locks that you have keys for. Can we fire 100,000 TSA employees and keep the 100,000 USPS employees instead. Atleast THEY attempt to provide a useable service.

Quote Originally Posted by desertrat12 View Post

dr12
    Very good point on the signature and ID number...I'll be adding that line on my little yellow paper...maybe change to DayGlo orange paper....

TSA employees at airports are a bunch of mental midgets that, except for the Govt, couldn't get a real job ANYWHERE else. They have ZERO ability to rationalize or use common sense. They do NO good and need to be abolished completely. There have just been way too many stories like this one that have come out for the al to be fabricated.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456