CCW and the TSA
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW and the TSA

CCW and the TSA

In my state my CCW allows me to for go a back ground check on new gun that i'm buying. That honestly blew me away i moved out here 2 years ago. I have always lived in a state with a long waiting period on all guns sold. I asked why the CCW here allows me to to bypass the check and was told because the CCW has a very detailed histry ran on me, so if I pass that search why should the state tie up the system when i buy a new gun. OK that makes total sence to me. So shouldn't the TSA look at that and let me surpass the check at the airport? i have had a background check done on me to say i'm not a bad guy! So why does the TSA look at everyone like they are a bad guy?

Just curious what you guys think? oh by the way have any of you seen the video of the Tsa agent doing a full pat down search on a 6 year old girl? It is a truly sad thing to watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyk00diver View Post
    In my state my CCW allows me to for go a back ground check on new gun that i'm buying. That honestly blew me away i moved out here 2 years ago. I have always lived in a state with a long waiting period on all guns sold. I asked why the CCW here allows me to to bypass the check and was told because the CCW has a very detailed histry ran on me, so if I pass that search why should the state tie up the system when i buy a new gun. OK that makes total sence to me. So shouldn't the TSA look at that and let me surpass the check at the airport? i have had a background check done on me to say i'm not a bad guy! So why does the TSA look at everyone like they are a bad guy?

Just curious what you guys think? oh by the way have any of you seen the video of the Tsa agent doing a full pat down search on a 6 year old girl? It is a truly sad thing to watch!
    Because what you are proposing would make entirely too much sense. I have been advocating a "trusted traveler" program for a decade or more. The program would provide security exceptions to:
    1. Law Enforcement
    2. Active duty military
    3. Holders of state issued CCW and other firearms permits (in Florida we have to go through a fingerprint check to get the CCW)
    4. Frequent travelers at some level of mileage based on airline figures (what are the odds that someone who flies 50,000 miles a year is going to do something)
    and a few other categories.

Doing this would allow us to make the haystack smaller and make finding the needle a whole lot easier.

Then I realized that the security theater has nothing to do with security and every thing to do with control. The TSA is not about security, they are part of the long term trend toward the police state.
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

I feel the same way about when I fly in uniform, under my military id....every time i have done so i have always been searched.

last time, i made a huge deal over it- i had just come of a secure govt aircraft in a secure terminal....

Hey if TSA says they need to touch your junk let them. They are just doing their jobs. It would all go a lot smother if you just go along with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    Hey if TSA says they need to touch your junk let them. They are just doing their jobs. It would all go a lot smother if you just go along with it.
    Hey Kasper, That is what the german goverment told the jews in 1939! Learn from the past! Don't repeat it!

Also if we have learned anything from the Romans, it is that democicies last no longer that 300 years! Now look around yourselves! just food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Psyk00diver View Post
    Hey Kasper, That is what the german goverment told the jews in 1939! Learn from the past! Don't repeat it!

Also if we have learned anything from the Romans, it is that democicies last no longer that 300 years! Now look around yourselves! just food for thought!
    That is the sarcasm smilie he used.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post
    Because what you are proposing would make entirely too much sense. I have been advocating a "trusted traveler" program for a decade or more. The program would provide security exceptions to:
    1. Law Enforcement
    2. Active duty military
    3. Holders of state issued CCW and other firearms permits (in Florida we have to go through a fingerprint check to get the CCW)
    4. Frequent travelers at some level of mileage based on airline figures (what are the odds that someone who flies 50,000 miles a year is going to do something)
    and a few other categories.

Doing this would allow us to make the haystack smaller and make finding the needle a whole lot easier.

Then I realized that the security theater has nothing to do with security and every thing to do with control. The TSA is not about security, they are part of the long term trend toward the police state.
    With as many times as my file has been pulled, I wonder if it is dogearred yet?

Thanks S&W645,
    My kids use the smilie faces and i never know what they are suppose to bebmeaning by them.

re: airport security

I'm ok with them doing pat-downs. I have seen trouble in an airport (turned out to be nothing, thank God) and I don't want to be on the plane that blows up. I'm originally from NY- enough said?

Quote Originally Posted by johnsteele View Post

Excuse me, did you say long term?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast