Carrying at home? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying at home?

The neighbors all know I carry 24-7, about the only time my gun is not on me is when I am doing something messy.... AKA EWWWWWW....
    So ever see on the news how home invasions are on the rise, especially when it is warm out, and that was my response to the wife when she asked why I was carrying all the time...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Pocket pistol in the house or out. As the saying goes, "if you are going to carry a firearm, carry all the time or not at all". I know its Hollywood but I just watched "Edge of Darkness" on disc and the Boston cop depicted in the movie kept his handgun under a cake dome in the kitchen. Let's just say it wasn't close enough when it counted.

A funny line (I think the only one) in the brutal movie depicted in Massachusetts was when the Boston police detective gives back a handgun to a young man who's life is being threatened. The young man says "hey, I thought you said this gun was illegal in Massachusetts." Cop's wry response, "EVERYTHING is illegal in Massachusetts!"

I can honestly say your not paranoid. When I home, I carry mine. Especially being in a no carry state. I have CCW permit for other states, just cant in mine. I think it comes down to a matter of preference and practice. If you get used to being without it, its going to different when you have/use it.
    CERTIFIED NRA INSTRUCTOR:
    PISTOL | RIFLE | SHOTGUN | PERSONAL PROTECTION I/O

Quote Originally Posted by disneyr View Post
    The young man says "hey, I thought you said this gun was illegal in Massachusetts." Cop's wry response, "EVERYTHING is illegal in Massachusetts!"
    Sadly, It's true......I Know.

I always carry at home. One tip on carrying while mowing the lawn or doing yard work if your carrying owb put a small peice of scotch tape over the muzzle. Keeps all the dust pollen and crud from getting in your gun

It is a proven fact tht at 100% of home invasions happen in a home . Seriously, it's s just easier to put it on w/ my pants when I get up in the morning
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you!
    Alan, TN

Same here, why not?

Paranoia can keep you alive.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast