Carrying at home? - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Carrying at home?

You are not paranoid.
    Paranoia is the feeling you get when you need the gun and you don't have it.
    "When you have to shoot...shoot, don't talk."---Tuco Benedicto Pacífico Juan María Ramírez (aka "The Rat")From The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

On a serious note ... I do it primarily because I'd feel pretty stupid if I didn't and ever needed it and because that way I never have tp worry where I put it. It's always in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I have gotten to where I carry when I am home. Even when mowing the lawn. I worry that I wouldn't be where I could get to a weapon if something did come down. Is that paranoid? there was recently two breakins in my neighborhood, They cought the crackheads, but it got me thinking.
    I always carry, if it's legal

It's not whether you're paranoid, it's are you paranoid enough.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

5. No,its not being paranoid,its being prepared for anything. I'm a Corrections Officer for the State of Missouri and around rapist,and murders all day long,being threatened every day, you just never know. So just watch your six,and God bless.....

Not paranoid; but very wise. Like many others replying to this thread, I carry all the time.

I carry in my yard. My home is remote and there are lots of strangers near us with the gas drilling.

PRO-LIFE FROM CONCEPTION TO NATURAL DEATH
    TO HIM THEREFORE WHO KNOWETH TO DO GOOD AND DOETH IT NOT, TO HIM IT IS SIN. HOLY BIBLE]

I am in agreement with all posters thus far: carrying at home is just like carrying anywhere else ... when the SHTF, you don't want to have to figure out how far you are from your weapon.

I always have a weapon on me or within reach.

Nope, not paranoid just prepared, and being prepared is being efficient. just remember murpheys law :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
    I have gotten to where I carry when I am home. Even when mowing the lawn. I worry that I wouldn't be where I could get to a weapon if something did come down. Is that paranoid? there was recently two breakins in my neighborhood, They cought the crackheads, but it got me thinking.
    I too carry when working around the grounds, especially when on the tractor. I also keep the doors locked and turn the alarm on. In the house, no. If you're practicing proper PPITH there will be more than enough warning to get to a protected area and load-up. Many don't understand what proper PPITH means. I'll be submitting an article on the subject in the near future.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

11. When I get ready to leave the house, I put my gun in my pants and it stays there until I get ready to shower or go to bed. I've fallen asleep on the couch more than once with my Para P13 or my .44 Special 5 shooter still in the IWB holster and on my hip or my little Beretta .32 Tomcat tucked in an appendix holster. When I walk out the door, whether it's to go to work, the mailbox, the corner store or to cut the grass, I have something on me. When cutting grass, I normally use one of my .44 Special 5 shooters with the first round being snake shot instead of the normal LSWC-HP. I've seen and killed too many snakes on a low lying section of the property not to have SOMETHING better than a lawn mower or a harsh word to use to deal with Mr. No-Shoulders and his kin.

When I'm in the house, I don't carry unless I've left and came back. My house is far off the road, I've got 3 dogs- including 1 that will bark at rain drops or anything else that moves and the doors stay locked. You aren't going to sneak up on the house day or night with those 3 dogs around and I'm confident that between the forewarning and the locked security doors, I'll have time to lay hand on something that smokes long before somebody can force entry. Considering what's nestled away throughout the house (like the Dan Wesson .357 snub loaded with Remington 140gr Multi-Ball that's about 4 feet away from me as I type this), having one on me isn't really necessary.

Besides, a pistol is what you use to fight your way to your shotgun in a home defense situation.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast