Carrying at home? - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Carrying at home?

me? paranoid?

well said grognard, my sentiments precisely.

and just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean there's noone after me.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frank Nitti View Post
    Wyvern

I am not sure where you live, but as soon as I get dressed I put on my side arm. So I don't think you are being paranoid, or maybe we both are. Just be careful you don't shoot your mower ( haha )
    Why should you be paranoid? You are carrying a gun.

4. With the recent uptick in home invasions, I am carrying at home as well. The question is not if you are paranoid, but are you paranoid enough? I read just the other day, 850 fps is a whole lot better than 7.5 minutes response time
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

5. I don't think any of us here are paranoid. Maybe we're all just smart. We are alive and prepared.
    If you take all the guns off the street, you still will have a crime problem.
    If you take the criminals off the street, you cannot have a gun problem.

Carrying at home is something i do on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with it. What about a "doorknock" home invasion? While cutting the grass, someone could try and breach your house as you walk your noisy mower around. Home carry is just as much a part of self defense as travel carry. It's not paranoia, it's diligence. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDanimal View Post
    Carrying at home is something i do on a regular basis. Nothing wrong with it. What about a "doorknock" home invasion? While cutting the grass, someone could try and breach your house as you walk your noisy mower around. Home carry is just as much a part of self defense as travel carry. It's not paranoia, it's diligence. Carry on.
    It's also good practice for when you have to go out into that "Crazy, Crazy World" as Ozzy Osbourne termed it.

8. I usually take mine off when I'm in my apartment (or my girlfriend's). Both my roommate and my girlfriend don't like me carrying in the house... I don't really see why.

I guess at any point in the house I'm less than 5 steps away from a firearm, so it's not a total loss. Though, I would like it if they were more comfortable with guns around.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Only way to fly.... I even have one with me when I am "IN" the middle of my model railroad in the basement. (THAT would really be a bad spot to be caught sans weapon.)

"Break ins" only take a second of effort.... that is all the response time you are going to get.

Hell, I even drop my "Tomcat" in my pocket when answering the doorbell..... AFTER taking a careful peek, to boot!

GG

P.S. Paranoid but still alive at 66.
    GG: That is the best way to insure that you make it to 67 or longer. I have you beat by 8 years and will still have my gun either on me or in my hand. Wife also calls me paranoid but she makes sure I have it when we go out. Paranoid is a wonderful condition to be in. Can't be caught off guard that way. OG

If I could sleep with mine I would, But wife says if she's going to get poked by something she rather it not be my sig ...lol :0

Quote Originally Posted by ID9mm View Post
    I don't think any of us here are paranoid. Maybe we're all just smart. We are alive and prepared.
    Good post. You are correct. Paranoia is not the issue. Staying alive and well is. So rather than calling it paranoia lets call it the "staying alive and prepared club" which I am a member.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast