"Trespassers will be shot" idiot convicted of murder - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 54

Thread: "Trespassers will be shot" idiot convicted of murder

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,315
    Yes, I was being very general with my comments. Different states allow more or less leniency.

    Without being too specific, my point was that really the only time you can shoot someone is if you feel they are a threat.

    For example, if the person rushing into your house is a little kid or a frail old woman, you're going to have a hard time convincing a jury your life was in danger. But if it's in the middle of the night, it's a big, ominous figure in your doorway...you get the idea.

    Anyway, the point is you have to think (if you have time) of how the scene looks. Or, if you don't have time, that becomes a factor too.

    You guys all know this stuff. Boneheads who advertise they're going to shoot people don't.

    I'm just always surprised at how many people think you can shoot someone who's stealing your stuff. Not that I'm saying you shouldn't be able to...:)

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    Minor PS: Texas is a Castle Doctrine State. And I don't wish to have to shoot anyone, just be aware this is not an issue so long as you are a good guy/gal. As a quick aside, I do not have any of the little welcome mats posted at any entrance of my dwellings.

  4. #33
    Just to be clear in SC we call it the Castle Doctrine but it is actually:

    This article may be cited as the "Protection of Persons and Property Act".
    All of it may be summed up in this one paragraph and I would think that some version of it applies in states that have some form of the Castle Doctrine.

    (C) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in another place where he has a right to be, including, but not limited to, his place of business, has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he reasonably believes it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or another person or to prevent the commission of a violent crime as defined in Section 16-1-60.
    As I was taught in the CWP class this breaks down into four rule:

    1. You must be in a place that you have right to be (Doesn't matter where as long as you are not trespassing basically)
    2. You are not breaking any laws (This can be tricky as if you are carrying where you are not supposed to......)
    3. You are not at fault for bringng about the action (You didn't start the fight)
    4. The amount of force used must be relative to the attack (In SC burglary at night is justification)

    If you think about it if you follow these four rules you have a pretty good chance of justification in any state.

  5. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SE FL and SE OH
    Posts
    5,668
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You cannot shoot someone for trespassing. You cannot shoot someone for stealing from you. You cannot shoot someone for destroying your property. You cannot even shoot someone for bursting into your house.

    That being said, if in any of those circumstances you feel your life or the lives of your family members are in imminent danger, you are justified in using deadly force.

    However, THAT being said, nine times out of ten you are still going to be either detained, questioned, arrested, cited, charged, or made to stand trial.
    Even the use of deadly force in property theft is covered if it is a forcible felony in some states. In Florida that includes:
    1 Treason
    2 Murder
    3 Manslaughter
    4 Sexual battery
    5 Robbery including carjacking and home invasion
    6 Burglary
    7 Arson
    8 Kidnapping
    9 Aggravated assault
    10 Aggravated battery
    11 Aircraft piracy
    12 Unlawful throwing, placing, or discharging a bomb or destructive device
    13 Aggravated stalking
    14 Any other felony which involves the use or threat of use of physical force or violence against any person

  6. #35
    It is amazing how many stupid people are in the world.

    In court, even an NRA membership sticker can be presented as a premeditated intent to shoot.

    Not to mention it advertises, "I own guns, follow me home, then rob me while I'm gone."

    etc.

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    It is amazing how many stupid people are in the world.

    In court, even an NRA membership sticker can be presented as a premeditated intent to shoot.
    So basically you feel that anybody the has a Pro-Rights sticker on their truck/car is conspiring to murder? I've never heard of a court seeing it that way. I googled the crap out of it I can 't find 1 instance of that ever happening. Now if there were a self defense shooting and the guy had one of those "Nothing in this truck is worth your life" stickers then MAYBE.

  8. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Oro Valley, Arizona
    Posts
    119
    They are idiots pure and simple.

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    So basically you feel that anybody the has a Pro-Rights sticker on their truck/car is conspiring to murder? I've never heard of a court seeing it that way. I googled the crap out of it I can 't find 1 instance of that ever happening. Now if there were a self defense shooting and the guy had one of those "Nothing in this truck is worth your life" stickers then MAYBE.
    OK TROLL. This is your last chance at mental masturbation. Get your self off really well.

  10. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    OK TROLL. This is your last chance at mental masturbation. Get your self off really well.
    Cute,I just saw your other post with your whining of Trolling and "Mental Masturbation" Have some issues do we? If your gonna try to impress yourself with stupid responses to valid posts keep the material fresh. So again? WHERE HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED!!!!! The only one TROLLING is YOU! I just did a search on you and from the looks of most of your posts & replies are just complaints obviously posted to get a rise out of people, if I'm not mistaken thats the DEFINITION of a Troll! I'm sure enough people are subscribed to this thread, do them a favor and don't waste the email alert with another ridiculous comment.

  11. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    SW Arizona
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    You cannot shoot someone for trespassing. You cannot shoot someone for stealing from you. You cannot shoot someone for destroying your property. You cannot even shoot someone for bursting into your house.

    That being said, if in any of those circumstances you feel your life or the lives of your family members are in imminent danger, you are justified in using deadly force.

    However, THAT being said, nine times out of ten you are still going to be either detained, questioned, arrested, cited, charged, or made to stand trial.
    Wanna bet? Where the hell are you from... New Jersey?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast