Video shows security shooting robber during holdup of internet cafe - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video shows security shooting robber during holdup of internet cafe

An armed robber fleeing is still a danger since he can turn and shoot as he flees.

There is plenty of precedent for shooting fleeing criminals who are both armed and dangerous!

Lets see how this plays out.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    An armed robber fleeing is still a danger since he can turn and shoot as he flees.

There is plenty of precedent for shooting fleeing criminals who are both armed and dangerous!

Lets see how this plays out.

-Doc
    It'll come down to the DA's office. Of course even if no criminal charges are filed against the guard, he (and the business) will probably have to face the inevitable civil suit brought by the perp's mama on behalf of her "murdered baby".
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Gotta be da mama, no body know who da baby daddy is.............

And the insanity continues.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

In NC a Security Officer has no authority on a city street, or any other place not owned by the Client. If this would have happened here this SO would be in deep Kemshi, his only duty is to Detect, Observe, & Report, I know 1st hand because I'm a retired Armed CPO for an international major contract security company. The 1st thing the LEO's would do is take both his weapon and his state armed security officer license. The 2nd thing that would happen is the Officer would be placed on administrative leave of absence w/o pay (of course!), and his armed qualifying certification would be confiscated by the DA's office. 3rd comes the court hearing... No! This guy better hire the best Lawyer he can afford...
    MSgt, USAF (ret), Life Member - NRA, Life Member - NAHC,
    Life Member - NCOA, Member - USCCA, Member - NCGR,
    Member - Oathkeepers

Why did the not-yet-dead guy want that not-yet-filled bag back?

This is a procedural observation, not a moral one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hamberger View Post
    In NC a Security Officer has no authority on a city street, or any other place not owned by the Client. If this would have happened here this SO would be in deep Kemshi, his only duty is to Detect, Observe, & Report, I know 1st hand because I'm a retired Armed CPO for an international major contract security company. The 1st thing the LEO's would do is take both his weapon and his state armed security officer license. The 2nd thing that would happen is the Officer would be placed on administrative leave of absence w/o pay (of course!), and his armed qualifying certification would be confiscated by the DA's office. 3rd comes the court hearing... No! This guy better hire the best Lawyer he can afford...
    Being a "SO" is work no one really wants to do. You get no respect at all, even less then a LEO. What outfit did you work for? By the sounds of it, it sounds like "Wackenhut Corporation" now G4S? I worked for Allied Barton as an SO, what a stank hole of a company.

Why didn't the second BG shot the SO when he pushed the gun away? Toy guns? Why did the SO feel the need to shoot the BG as he was leaving/left the store? Seeing as how he is not an LEO the facts will all come out.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12