Night sights? All I have is the specs? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night sights? All I have is the specs?

JSDinTexas Guest
    I give two answers:

1. Take a look at Optics Planet - I have bought trijicons for my Glock from them and they seem fairly priced. They have Mepro and Trij for some Kimbers.
    Tritium Sights, Night Sight Sets, Fiber Optic Sights SALE Glowing Tritium Night Sights & Fiber Optics Sights

2. Sometimes, and especially if the sights are put on by a gunshop, it's cheaper to buy from the shop that will install them. I've seen the price higher, but free install, for instance.

3. Novak uses his own style of dovetail. When you decide what sights you want to put on, contact the manufacturer or a big parts house like Brownell's and they will be able to connect you with the right model. Every time I've contacted Brownell's or Midway, they've been able to help me work out exactly what I need and, on occasion, have stopped me from screwing something up.

For simplicity's sake, I second NRA's suggestion. Novak makes great sights and your gun's already set up for them, so why not check to see if they make what you are looking for? That eliminates all the issues you can run into matching the tenon on the sight to the dovetail already cut in your slide. AND it also eliminates the necessity (and cost) of getting a 'smith to recut the dovetail for a different style set up.

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Lifer and Proud View Post
    Since the sights are already Novaks have you checked their website to see if there is anything there you like?
    Find sights for your pistol
    Here is the link to the search page JIC ...
    Yeah, I checked their site. Only ones they have are the "Tritium Night Dots(rear)" and the "Tritium Night(front). I think I may just try some.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    I give two answers:

1. Take a look at Optics Planet - I have bought trijicons for my Glock from them and they seem fairly priced. They have Mepro and Trij for some Kimbers.
    Tritium Sights, Night Sight Sets, Fiber Optic Sights SALE Glowing Tritium Night Sights & Fiber Optics Sights

2. Sometimes, and especially if the sights are put on by a gunshop, it's cheaper to buy from the shop that will install them. I've seen the price higher, but free install, for instance.
    Tried the whole optic planet thing today around 10am, they told me they had none that fit and sent me over to Trjicon, who in turn sent me over to Tool Tech. Who makes all of Trijcons custom sights/night sights, they said they maybe able to make some, all I got was $$$$$$ from that phone call.

I'll just buy them and have my smith put them in.

They do not sell them in the shop, I would have to buy them and then bring them into the shop for install. They already said if it's just knocking the old out and installing the new they do it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Yeah, I checked their site. Only ones they have are the "Tritium Night Dots(rear)" and the "Tritium Night(front). I think I may just try some.
    Both my S.A. Operator and Kahr 40 have Novaks. I like them a lot!

Just be aware that if you leave it on the night stand and you wake up during the night you will have three glowing "eyes" staring at you ..... (yes, this is what happened to me ... )
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

JSDinTexas Guest
    Tried the whole optic planet thing today around 10am, they told me they had none that fit and sent me over to Trjicon, who in turn sent me over to Tool Tech. Who makes all of Trijcons custom sights/night sights, they said they maybe able to make some, all I got was $$$$$$ from that phone call.

I'll just buy them and have my smith put them in.

They do not sell them in the shop, I would have to buy them and then bring them into the shop for install. They already said if it's just knocking the old out and installing the new they do it for free.
    Good luck with all this - still, you have a Kimber and that may make up for some of the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by jsdinTexas View Post
    Good luck with all this - still, you have a Kimber and that may make up for some of the trouble.
    No, it's not a Kimber it's a High Standard 1911. I wanted to try a basic entry level 1911 first before buying a 8-2000 dollar one. This way if I don't care for the 1911 I will not be out a truck load of money when I resell it.

JSDinTexas Guest
    No, it's not a Kimber it's a High Standard 1911. I wanted to try a basic entry level 1911 first before buying a 8-2000 dollar one. This way if I don't care for the 1911 I will not be out a truck load of money when I resell it.
    Oops, sorry bout that - I was reading too fast I guess

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12