My Friend Stabbed While Buying Chocolate Milk - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Friend Stabbed While Buying Chocolate Milk

Please pass on to your friend my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I love Tampa, but I'll stay here 30 miles away.

What happen to his gun when he went to the hospital? Did they allow him to retain possession of it?

Also appears the incident caused a police vs media ruckus: Apparently, it is against the law to videotape in public

4. I hope your friend is OK. He did the right thing not shooting the guy when he was fleeing. He was no longer a imminent threat and that could look bad in court if he was to shoot him while fleeing. If he was to shoot him while the guy was still threatening him, that changes everything. Your friend did good being under that kind of pressure.
    If you take all the guns off the street, you still will have a crime problem.
    If you take the criminals off the street, you cannot have a gun problem.

That kind of drives the point of why we carry home.

Glad your friend survived - he's lucky. Do they think he will have any permanent damage?

Glad your friend will be Ok. Hope the K9 had a chance to "play" with the BG.

Best of all possible outcomes. Like others who posted, I must say I don't know if I would have had the presence of mind not to fire. But by NOT doing so, your friend has drawn MORE attention to the incident, possibly waking up potential criminals and those who oppose concealed carry. The guy is going to get in some serious trouble, and your friend will be OK.

When cornered I most often identify myself as a liberal. Sure, I think we should melt all the guns. The world would be a beautiful place. And until that day comes, I'm packing. This is why.

Your friend had well self control not to shoot. I do hope he has a speedy recovery. I get laughed, I carry everywhere, pool and gym. When I can't have my firearm with me, my tech. knife is there. You just never know.

9. Outstanding poise and self control. A dude shoves a knife in my leg and I am not certain that I am so pissed off that I wouldn't chase his butt down and shoot him! At least the taxpayers would be saved a load of money but then I am out my life savings defending myself in court! Seriously though, I carry every where I go precisely because of an episode like this one and the ones we read about or see on TV nearly every week in America. I also think it through on a regular basis just how will I respond in any scenario, I do not want to let some dirtbag injure (or kill) me or a family member, but I do not want to be unnecessarily drug through a trial accusing me of being a criminal either. It is a challenge we all face, making the right decision in a moment of extreme adrenaline flooding.

10. I live in Tampa as well. Did this happen at the 7 Eleven at the intersection of Gandy and Westshore? It looks like it?

Agree with not shooting a fleeing person, court time is expensive, note there is no such thing as a "good neighborhood" criminals have transportation. Now when the BG pulled the knife, pull the trigger, your friend could have been stabbed in the heart and dead, glad he is on his way to good health. Ad campaign says it best " Never leave home without it" Peace, Love, Colt 45.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast