Can a 2-year old fire a glock? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can a 2-year old fire a glock?

I really don't know why anyone would ask the question "Can a 2 year-old fire a GlocK"? The answer is yes without a doubt. This is not to say that any 2 year-old can but there are many out there that can and I know when I was 2 I could. I did a lot of things more difficult than that with no problem. So the answer is yes but must be qualified with which 2 year old.

JSDinTexas Guest

No Safety? That's why I carry one.

Does a Glock have a safety? The mfg says yes, three. I say no, not in the sense of the strict definition of a safety. The trigger safety is meant to keep the gun from firing if caught crossways by a twig or some such. Put your finger in the hole and it will go off.

There are no traditional safeties because Glocks are tactical weapons. Tactical weapons are meant to be pulled and fired immediately without any fumbling around because that's what 'tactical' basically implies, and that's specifically why I carry one.

It didn't have to be a Glock - could have been any unattended gun - very sad

Also the article doesn't say specifically that it was the kid who did it.

@ bob16066 So I guess by that definition all double action revolvers are dangerous or crazy or both?
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

If open carrying it is probably a good thing to have a physical manual safety since you are a "walking gun rack" and so if a person or group grabs your handgun they may not know to remove the safety while you can draw and fire your back up (hopefully a revolver or Glock).
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Ok. I tried to resist. I really did. I just can't resist any longer. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself....

If police officers can, why would you think a 2-year would not be able to?
    +1 on that.

Quote Originally Posted by -06 View Post
    Good as they are there is just an issue with me to have a cocked hammer over a round constantly--with no safety.
    The Glock does not have a cocked hammer, it is a striker fired pistol. And if the other subject comes up, it does not use "clips" to feed ammo, it uses a detachable magazine. Please learn a bit more about the Glock design before you knock it.

8. Double Action Revolvers are "safe" because the Double action Pull is 10 or 12 Pounds (or more). It doesn't go off unless you really try to discharge a round.

5 pounds without a safety is irresponsible. Period. The 6000 accidental discharges the first year the NYPD switched to the Glock Pistol is my proof. Admittedly they're New Yorkers. And the rest of us are not that dumb. 30,000 Pennsylvanians (for example) would probably have only a couple hundred accidental discharges. But that's still too much.

That's a big difference. 5 pounds vice 10 pounds.

Don't ask me where to draw the line (exactly) because I'm not sure where that line should be.

Another fella in this forum said that the Glock was a "Tactical" Pistol. That's correct. Soldiers carry their weapons without a round in the chamber until action is imminently expected. That's why the Glock is suitable for them. The MP carries the Pistol and doesn't chamber a round until he stops the jeep to investigate. ("Jeep:" I'm showing my age)! He's now expecting trouble and is prepared for it.

If you carry the Glock without a round in the chamber. Then it's ok. That's what it was designed for. If you carry one with a round in the chamber: I'd appreciate it if you stayed away from me!

The Glock Pistol is gonna be the Final Nail in the Coffin of Legal Carry because of the accidental discharges!!!! You heard it here first.

I've always thought the Glock would be a great Nightstand Pistol. You hear the breaking glass. Open the Drawer. Reach for the Pistol and don't have to worry about fumbling for the safety in the dark. Even if it discharges as you grab it all you did was damage your nightstand. I'm not saying the Pistol IS That Bad. I'm just talking a worst case.

I've also thought Law Enforcement would be better served by carrying 2 Pistols. A Double Action Revolver to draw and fire as needed. Then if they get pinned down by fire they can rush to cover and can switch to their Glock. Chamber a round. And hopefully be able to hold their position with the additional firepower until backup arrives. Just an idea. I'm not taking criticism on it. I do recognize some of the obvious drawbacks to the idea.

I'm just as sick of reading stories about negligent licensed gun owners as I am about criminals with guns.

In NYS it's a felony charge under S120.25, Reckless Endangerment First Degree.

Indict him!
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    The Glock does not have a cocked hammer, it is a striker fired pistol. And if the other subject comes up, it does not use "clips" to feed ammo, it uses a detachable magazine. Please learn a bit more about the Glock design before you knock it.
    I prefer the term "Ammo Thingy" over clips or magazines so there won't be anyone thinking they have to correct someone for using the wrong term.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I'm just as sick of reading stories about negligent licensed gun owners as I am about criminals with guns.
    I am also but I am about to decide that the number of negligent gun owners far exceed the number of safe owners. Now what the definition of safe gun owner is may be up for grabs as most get away with being negligent for a long time before it comes out if ever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast