Can a 2-year old fire a glock? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can a 2-year old fire a glock?

2. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    It already has three safeties, in addition to the one you should have right between your ears.
    So how does this apply to a child that gets ahold of their parents gun? ...which safety failed? ...surely not the one between the child's ears... they're expected to know better, according to the 'experts'.

Three safeties, which are all disengaged with a single action... the pull of the trigger, is no safety at all... and you won't ever convince me differently.

BC1/FN1910, I don't beleive there is a high number of negligent gun owners but rather the news media feeds off these stories. We just don't get fair reporting now anymore! Just think about it, how many time your read about someone using a gun to save there family, themself, someone else, a store etc.. without firing a shoot!! About the only time you might read about one is when they fired shots or shot someone. More lives are saved by safe gun owners everyday the media just tries to put a blackeye on gun owners with lopsided reporting. JMHO
    NRA Life Memeber, GOA, CCRKBA, SAF, OPHA, OFBA, FTA

Chickasaw/Choctaw Indian

4. Can a 2-year old fire a glock?
    Absolutely. Should be able to hit a target too, if properly trained by his/her parents!
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

The Glock Pistol is gonna be the Final Nail in the Coffin of Legal Carry because of the accidental discharges!!!!
    That's a lot of exclamation points.

I don't think the situation is that dire since Glock is one of the most popular handguns worldwide for civilian and military use. You must have been in the military a long time ago because we all locked and loaded upon leaving the gate.

As dangerous as you make Glocks sound, I guess one would not even need to draw but just tell the bad guy "I'm carrying a Glock," and he will run screaming for fear he will be shot from the holstered weapon.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I prefer the term "Ammo Thingy" over clips or magazines so there won't be anyone thinking they have to correct someone for using the wrong term.
    Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Absolutely. Should be able to hit a target too, if properly trained by his/her parents!
    So then I gotta ask, how old was Daisy when she started OC'ing?

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    Double Action Revolvers are "safe" because the Double action Pull is 10 or 12 Pounds (or more). It doesn't go off unless you really try to discharge a round.

5 pounds without a safety is irresponsible. Period. The 6000 accidental discharges the first year the NYPD switched to the Glock Pistol is my proof. Admittedly they're New Yorkers. And the rest of us are not that dumb. 30,000 Pennsylvanians (for example) would probably have only a couple hundred accidental discharges. But that's still too much.

That's a big difference. 5 pounds vice 10 pounds.
    Yeah, because with the heavier trigger pull, the two year old is more likely to have their thumb on the trigger and try to pull the trigger using the strength from all five fingers. If the kid's thumb is on the trigger, which direction is the muzzle pointing?!?

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    It already has three safeties, in addition to the one you should have right between your ears.
    It has three "safety features", which are all disabled by pulling the trigger. They may be internal safety features to prevent the gun from firing without the trigger being pulled, but none of them are a "safety". I don't see how anyone can think of it as a safety, when pulling the trigger deactivates them.

I'm not blaming the safety-less gun here. I place blame on the guy leaving a loaded glock laying around with a two year old. Any weapon should be secured out of reach from a two year old, ESPECIALLY a gun without a manual safety. I don't agree with the comment saying "why cant they put a safety on it!" It doesn't need one, but it does need a responsible owner.

Quote Originally Posted by tj_cubin View Post
    It has three "safety features", which are all disabled by pulling the trigger. They may be internal safety features to prevent the gun from firing without the trigger being pulled, but none of them are a "safety". I don't see how anyone can think of it as a safety, when pulling the trigger deactivates them.
    Maybe some people just cannot get past the fact the trigger on a firearm serves one and only one purpose, To dischage the weapon. It is not a finger rest for your finger so that you can look gangsta with your finger on the trigger. If you don't want the weapon to fire don't pull the trigger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast