Can a 2-year old fire a glock?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can a 2-year old fire a glock?

I guess that answers that question... Anything is possible...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Kids can hold guns and fire them in ways we might not expect.

Backwards, using thumbs to put enough pressure on the trigger, (explains some of the self-inflicted shots)
    Upside down using multiple fingers to put enough pressure,
    Vertical, resting on the ground to use body-weight, etc...

I would not want to make the assumption that the gun was fired in a way that you or I might normally hold and aim the gun. However, I am very suspicious of this particular scenario as described in the news story. I hope they are able to determine the events in question with enough certainty to ensure justice is not misapplied here.

Quote Originally Posted by Booga View Post
    Kids can hold guns and fire them in ways we might not expect.

Backwards, using thumbs to put enough pressure on the trigger, (explains some of the self-inflicted shots)
    Upside down using multiple fingers to put enough pressure,
    Vertical, resting on the ground to use body-weight, etc...
    To address the point made in the previous post regarding the manual safety, the same logic applied here applies there. My son at the age of 7 1/2 looked at my Colt 1911 when we were cleaning it and handling it unloaded, pointed to the safety and said "This is the on and off switch" in a very matter of fact way... A safety is no safety in the hands of a determined child... Parents are the safety.. Allowing a firearm (loaded or unloaded) to be accessed in an unsupervised manner by a child of any age... Results will vary...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    I just don't get it. Why can't they just put a safety on the damned pistol?!
    It already has three safeties, in addition to the one you should have right between your ears.

There's one crazy story! Wonder if that's what really happened?

8. As far as "no safety," one can say the same thing about double action revolvers. In fact, I think a lot of low budget retraining of cops transitioning from wheelguns was on the order of "put the magazine in here, and just pull the trigger to shoot, same as you always have."

Personally, I like Glocks for personal defense weapons (except I hate carrying one) or house guns, but NOT for police guns. A significant percentage of cops are shot with their own weapons, retention holsters notwithstanding. If someone grabs a Glock, he CAN fire it. But there have been documented cases of bad guys grabbing police guns that had safeties, and not being able to fire before the officer got to his backup gun.

When the Glock 17 first came out, I looked it over and said "ugly, reliable, but it does not suffer fools gladly." That pretty well sums it up.

Why this idiot would lay down a gun where any child could reach it is beyond me. But I have no doubt a two year old could fire a Glock.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by nogods View Post
    Ok. I tried to resist. I really did. I just can't resist any longer. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself....

If police officers can, why would you think a 2-year would not be able to?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    Ok. I tried to resist. I really did. I just can't resist any longer. I know I shouldn't, but I just can't help myself....

If police officers can, why would you think a 2-year would not be able to?
    very good point lol

Will not put gloves on this issue. Anyone who would leave a safetiless firearm lying around is an idiot. I do not have nor will I ever have a Glock. Good as they are there is just an issue with me to have a cocked hammer over a round constantly--with no safety. Call that trigger thingy a safety if you want to but explain that to the 2 yr old who has to grow up without his mother--or the countless others who have shot themselves with the aborations. A highway patrol buddy said he tossed his 1911 onto his cruiser seat and it went off--I called him a liar. He did not like it but that was just tough. That hammer has to be back, grip squeezed, safety off, and then the trigger pulled for that round to go down the pipe. Plastic shooters say that is too much to remember but then there is the "cocked and locked" position. I have used that occasionally but cannot figure some who do it constantly. Safety comes before anything else to this old codger. I like living and want others to do the same--without holes in them like me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast