Guns at home more likely to be used stupidly than in self-defense [ARTICLE]
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns at home more likely to be used stupidly than in self-defense [ARTICLE]

1. Lightbulb Guns at home more likely to be used stupidly than in self-defense [ARTICLE]

I believe it. Situations where self-defense is actively needed are few and far between. Stupidity is active 24/7.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Hard to regulate stupid.

That goes with anything the public buys. Look at all the warrning labels on every thing we buy. It's there because some idiot was being stupid and sued the manufaturer and our great court system held the manufature responsible.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Yeah, kinda like how the instruction manual for my heatgun gave a warning, "Danger Will Robinson, do not use this device as a hair dryer." Obviously some idiot already tried.

What is this, a Brady Bunch Forum??? You guys just take this trash at face value? Or worse, did you even read the article?
    The fact that it came from a relatively obscure journal—the American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine is not indexed by the PubMed system...
    The author of the review, David Hemenway, however, specializes in this area, and works at the Harvard School of Public Health. Hemenway has been termed an "anti-gun researcher" by the NRA, and writes with a clear perspective.
    When it comes to violence, nearly every figure suggests that increased presence of guns correlates with higher levels of injury and death.
    John Lott and others have disproven this time and time again.
    Homicide rates among the US population between 15 and 24 years of age are 14 times higher than those in most other industrialized nations.
    The US is not another industrialized nation! All you have to do is look at nations that imposed stricter gun laws and the impact on crime to see this is a fallacy! Look at the UK and Australia!

Billy

PS - I'm going to go read the actual "study" before making any more comments about the title.

Yes I read the article and I believe it is just what the authors agenda intended to suggest. If you want, insert automobile for gun. The more cars on the road in the hands of the poorly trained increases accidents and who knows how many are used in suiside or homicide. Bottom line is stupid people do stupid things. If you can find a way to outlaw stupidity we would all be safer.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Just more hysterics from the hopolphobic drama queens who would disarm us all for the errors of the few. Anything can be misused. Anything! Common sense makes us safer, not blanket prohibition,government control or the whinings of some milquetoast like David Hemenway and his ilk.

Unfortunately one can pull data in a way to make it look however they want. If someone wants to make guns look like evil things they can.

I know this isn't on the same topic but it is an example. There have been studies on the fisheries in Florida that say that the red snapper and grouper are on the decline. Where? I can't keep the damn things off. I can catch 100 snapper in a few hours if my back allowed me to. Grouper is similar but not as aggressive. Don't get me started on jew fish.

Try this for more information on the subject.

Let me google that for you

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast