Would you buy a Glock if it had a safety - Page 10

View Poll Results: What if Glock added a manual safety

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would not have one that I had to use a maual safety

    48 45.28%
  • I would now consider buying a Glock

    13 12.26%
  • It would not make any difference to me

    45 42.45%
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 101

Thread: Would you buy a Glock if it had a safety

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Houston Metro Area, Texas
    Posts
    3,004
    A glock (I own one) and a revolver are equally safe, both will go bang if you place your fat finger in the guard and pull the trigger, that's how they both, work, point is a glock is no more or less safe than a revolver, put a glock, revolver, 1911 loaded on a table and none will shoot anything. Place a glock, a revolver and a 1911 on table, place chimp in room and he will discharge the glock or revolver sooner than the 1911, grip and slide safety must be released on 1911,if you pull the trigger on a glock or revolver or 1911 with grip and slide safety depressed what do you expect to happen. Safety begins between the ears.

  2.   
  3. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Lone Wolf Distributors sells a safety that can be put on all models of Glocks. The Siderlock Cross Bolt Safety is one that some might be interested in for that extra sense of safety. It costs $49.95 and is simple to mount on your gun.
    This is an invention looking for a non-problem to "solve".

  4. #93

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    This is an invention looking for a non-problem to "solve".
    Well, duh, did you ever think this might be the answer for those who would like a Glock with a manual type safety? Never can tell, might help sell more Glocks. They may not be purists but they will at least have a Glock! That can't be all bad.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Well, duh, did you ever think this might be the answer for those who would like a Glock with a manual type safety? Never can tell, might help sell more Glocks. They may not be purists but they will at least have a Glock! That can't be all bad.
    Safety or no safety, no thank you. I will stick with my Berettas and 1911's.

  6. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    For those who would prefer a manual safety on the Glock, Lone Wolf Distributors sells a safety that can be put on all models of Glocks. The Siderlock Cross Bolt Safety is one that some might be interested in for that extra sense of safety. It costs $49.95 and is simple to mount on your gun.
    Just checked that out, I'm not a fan of Glocks with manual safeties, BUT for anybody that IS check this thing out it does the same job for half the price and doesn't mutilate your gun.

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,900

    Talking

    GLcks suck
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  8. #97
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Oregon City, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    65
    If they sell a version with an external safety lever to comply for sale in the markets populated by ridiculous AGs (MA, CA) then go for it. DON'T HOWEVER DISCONTINUE THE VERSIONS WITHOUT EXTERNAL SAFETY LEVERS. I prefer my Glock the way it is (oh and cops do too since most of them use Glocks - if they wanted external safety levers they would be there now) but more options for more shooters is good, and I suspect the version without the external safety levers will continue to far outsell the versions with them.

    However I absolutely DO NOT WANT my gun design to be dictated by a committee of know nothing political appointee like the AGs of MA or CA. Going down that path, the next thing you know my Glock will have a Mag Disconnect (which I truly, truly hate).

    I currently own a Glock 19 with 15 and 33 round mags, a Keltec PF9, and a Ruger LCP. I'm proud to say that none of those firearms would be legal to buy in CA or MA so that means none of them were messed with by their AGs :-) and none of them are any less "safe" then MA or CA approved guns.

    I have used the words external safety lever explicitly. Glocks have a number of internal safeties which prevent the gun from going off unless the trigger is deliberately pulled (a good thing) and it has a loaded chamber indicator. We should avoid saying stuff like "no safeties" because that kind of language plays into the hands of gun grabbers and you end up with MA guns.

    The best safety is between your ears. An external safety lever and long trigger pull won't prevent a negligent discharge if you're behaving stupidly or are improperly trained - as seen in the following video. I think she had a Beretta that has both a DA and external safety lever.


  9. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by marcparis View Post
    I currently own a Glock 19 with 15 and 33 round mags, a Keltec PF9, and a Ruger LCP. I'm proud to say that none of those firearms would be legal to buy in CA or MA so that means none of them were messed with by their AGs :-) and none of them are any less "safe" then MA or CA approved guns.

    I have used the words external safety lever explicitly. Glocks have a number of internal safeties which prevent the gun from going off unless the trigger is deliberately pulled (a good thing) and it has a loaded chamber indicator. We should avoid saying stuff like "no safeties" because that kind of language plays into the hands of gun grabbers and you end up with MA guns.
    You can buy guns in MA without manual safeties. The whole Glocks in MA thing was over the loaded chamber indicator, not over safeties. LCP's are MA legal. You can still but any gun you want in MA, just not from an FFL If Glock saw what a Gen4 goes for in MA (around $1000) they'd re-submit for MA approval. MA is a small state but if they got approval to sell again the Glock buying binge would be off the charts.

  10. #99
    Glocks imply that the owner has a brain. Pull the trigger to shoot it, dont pull the trigger if you dont want to shoot it. The gun has built in safetys that make it impossible for the gun to fire unless the trigger is pulled straight on.

  11. Wouldn't change my mind. Id train myself in deactivating the safety on the draw. It's not a difficult thing, just have to learn to adapt and overcome

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast