48 45.28%
  • I would now consider buying a Glock

13 12.26%
  • It would not make any difference to me

45 42.45%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a Glock if it had a safety

handgonnetoter Guest
    I have owned four different Glocks in the past, don't right now though. I think the Glock is a wonderful machine, but I still feel a little more safe with the manual safety. Its just my humble opinion.

3. glock

Never could understand why police gravitate to that ugly hand sap. justin glock must throw cold water in his face every day just to continue to believe."Theres One Born Every Minute!".

Quote Originally Posted by NRA UR2 View Post
    Never could understand why police gravitate to that ugly hand sap. justin glock must throw cold water in his face every day just to continue to believe."Theres One Born Every Minute!".
    Do you mean Gaston Glock ?

I only carry DA/SA guns safety off hammer down (no different than carrying a Glock) I always carry a round up because I've been jumped when I didn't have a round up and had the guy not took off when he saw the gun he would have got to me before I got a round chambered.

Bottom line, if you aren't comfortable carrying a semiautomatic pistol w/ a round in the chamber you need a revolver. until you figure out it has a round in the chamber also. Then you can carry a rock. Oh wait , you're already doing that
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

There are so many pistols out there with manual safeties, why wouldn't you just get one of them? The XD in particular has lots of safties.

I've also found that the majority of people who bring up this tired song of no-safety glocks own revolvers too, but don't make the connection that they don't have them either. Yes I know the trigger pull may be different but it's the same concept.

JSDinTexas Guest
    You carry what you want and I'll carry what I want. If you're scared of a gun without a manual safety, don't buy a Glock - there are a million others. And while your at it - just to be super safe, why don't you carry your gun empty.

I carry a Glock because it DOES NOT have a safety (except the 3 internals). And since I practice and go through drills etc. with it, I am very comfortable and pleased with it.

And if you consider me negligent or dangerous for carrying a Glock, my suggestion is stay the hell away from me and under your bed where you'll be safe.

7. Yes

I respect all of the opinions already posted. Some people feel the need for the manual safety and others don't. I own Glocks and other semi auto pistols that do and don't have a safety. I conceal carry either my Glock 26 or my P-3at, neither of which have a manual safety. The P-3at does have a longer harder pull than the Glock, but no switch to flip, or forget to flip in the heat of the moment. The Glock was designed as a combat handgun and that is reason I carry it. I've never had a negligent discharge with any of mine, but I'm am also very careful about anything going into the trigger guard. If Glock made all models with a safety I might not buy another one. If it was a option get a model with a safety or a model without, I'm getting without.

Just my opinion.
    Kershaw Shallot 1840, Kel-Tec P-3at, Kel-Tec PF-9, Glock 17, Glock 19, Glock 26, Kel-Tec SUB-2000 9mm (Glock 17 mag compatible), Maverick Arms 88 Security 8-shot 12 gauge.

If Glock made all models with a safety I might not buy another one. If it was a option get a model with a safety or a model without, I'm getting without.
    This is the part that I do not understand. If Glock made a model with all the same features but added a manual safety why would you consider it different. If you feel comfortable with carrying a Glock now why would you feel it necessary to use the safety and reject the gun because of that and choose one without a safety over one with a safety?

Quote Originally Posted by Glockdude View Post
    The best safety is between your ears
    Aparently the bigger issue is people who won't engage that safety between their ears. BTW, in addition to the safety between your ears, the Glock has three safeties.

I have owned and shot Glocks since 1987. Never had any problems with these guns. Carried a Glock 22 as a LEO for several years, ditto for that, never a problem. The problem with accidental discharges by en large always has a human component to it. When you carry, i don't care what weapon it is, you should be familiar with it, know how to handle it, its limits, and be mindful of all these aspects whenever your shooting hand reaches for it. Like several have eluded to earlier here; "if you are not ready to shoot, for gods sake, keep that finger OFF the trigger."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast