• I would not have one that I had to use a maual safety

48 45.28%
  • I would now consider buying a Glock

13 12.26%
  • It would not make any difference to me

45 42.45%
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a Glock if it had a safety

It should give thought that otherwise very very safety conscientous police departments employ Glocks by the crateload. It's one of THE most popular police carry guns. Now, of course lots of people could all be wrong together, true, but it should be taken into consideration by the Glock bashers...

Besides, as somebody correctly stated, a DA revolver is not so much different from a Glock and it has also worked well for police for a long long time.

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    A Pistol with a 5lb trigger pull and no safety is pure negligence. Period.

I don't understand how anyone could argue otherwise.

How did we become so negligent that the subject is even up for debate?

The Glock accidental discharges are going to be the final Nail in the Lawful Concealed Carry Coffin.

If you carry a Glock with a round in the chamber: you are a danger to yourself and others and I would really appreciate it if you would stay far away from me.
    One would have to be an idiot to accidentally fire ANY weapon!

Do you run around with your finger on the trigger while carrying in your pocket?

Keep you finger away from that little thingy in the trigger guard and your glock will be as safe as a brick!

-Doc

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I would buy a Glock if they didn't kick like mules! I carry hammer down, empty chamber with my Walther, so I would definitely keep a Glock without one in the chamber.
    It is absurd to carry that way since the Walther was DESIGNED to safely carry with a round in the trigger!

I you ever need that gun, you might as well not even carry it since after it is taken from your dead hands, it will end up used in a crime somewhere!

-Doc

handgonnetoter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by amddude View Post
    There are so many pistols out there with manual safeties, why wouldn't you just get one of them? The XD in particular has lots of safties.

I've also found that the majority of people who bring up this tired song of no-safety glocks own revolvers too, but don't make the connection that they don't have them either. Yes I know the trigger pull may be different but it's the same concept.
    I like the XD's system quite a bit. The Glock is just like some of the other DAO guns I have, in operation anyway, but their triggers are either longer on the pull or heavier. Its the nice light trigger pull on the Glock that I was worried could cause me to have one get touched off, not by my finger, but by some other way accidentally.

The presence or lack thereof of a manual safety makes no difference to me. I have 4 auto pistols - 2 of them have safeties and 2 don't. I always carry with one in the chamber and hammer down if applicable.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Originally Posted by amddude
    There are so many pistols out there with manual safeties, why wouldn't you just get one of them? The XD in particular has lots of safties.

I've also found that the majority of people who bring up this tired song of no-safety glocks own revolvers too, but don't make the connection that they don't have them either. Yes I know the trigger pull may be different but it's the same concept.
    There was a recent post titled "I just shot myself" and it featured an XD. No matter how many safeties a firearm has if the safety "between the ears" is not used the other safeties are useless.
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

9. I love mine just the way they are... If you don't, then buy something else... pretty simple

As said by others --
    do what you are comfortable with
    keep your finger off the trigger
    I doubt that Glock accidental discharges are going to be the final Nail in the lawful Concealed Carry Coffin.

I carry chambered and ready if I ever need it. Split seconds can count.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    From a Marine Sniper -- "you can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

One thing I see in this thread is that most people continue to say carry what you are comfortable with and know your gun. I think that is sound advice and I will second it. Another thing I find is that someone can come up with a reason to justify anything that want to. If you had a Glock or any other gun for that matter with a safety there is nothing that says you have to use the safety. Just leave it off all the time. Now some have said that it may accidently become engaged and cause you a problem in an emergency. That is true but usually that is the same person that says they cannot pull the trigger accidently due to their training and carefulness. Now if someone can trust themselves enough that nothing will ever accidently pull the trigger then shouldn't the same confidence apply to never having the safety applied? If you can be sure that your trigger will never be caught by your clothing then you can be sure that the safety will never be flipped on.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast