48 45.28%
  • I would now consider buying a Glock

13 12.26%
  • It would not make any difference to me

45 42.45%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you buy a Glock if it had a safety

Would you buy a Glock if it had a safety

There has been a lot of discussion on this lately but if Glock were to start putting a safety on their guns, making no other modifications other than just adding a flip up or down safety would it change your mind about buying one. Remember that all the present safety devices are still in place just the addition of a manual safety.

glock safety

It has been a deal breaker thus far.

4. A Pistol with a 5lb trigger pull and no safety is pure negligence. Period.

I don't understand how anyone could argue otherwise.

How did we become so negligent that the subject is even up for debate?

The Glock accidental discharges are going to be the final Nail in the Lawful Concealed Carry Coffin.

If you carry a Glock with a round in the chamber: you are a danger to yourself and others and I would really appreciate it if you would stay far away from me.

I voted that I would now consider buying one but that is with a disclaimer. I may buy one anyway but it would make me feel better about it. I honestly have never shot a Glock and have not handled very many so I don't have a good feel for how light or heavy the trigger really is, so I'm not saying they are unsafe or have a design flaw.

As it is, if I buy another CCW I am considering the Glock, the Springfield XD (grip safety), the Ruger SR40 (manual safety), or a Sig-Sauer (DA/SA trigger system with a decocker). (You can tell I'm not very close to a purchase).

For the record my carry guns are a Smith and Wesson model 60, a Kahr PM9 (no manual safety) and a Ruger LCP (no manual safety). The thing with these though is they have both long and (except for the Kahr) relatively heavy trigger pulls. The Kahr supposedly has a similar operating system to the Glock (half cock until the trigger is pulled) but the trigger pull is longer.

In the end if you keep your finger off the trigger you should be fine but sometimes we need our weapons to protect us from doing what we tell them to do, as opposed to what we want them to do.

The best safety is between your ears

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    A Pistol with a 5lb trigger pull and no safety is pure negligence. Period.

The Glock accidental discharges are going to be the final Nail in the Lawful Concealed Carry Coffin.

If you carry a Glock with a round in the chamber: you are a danger to yourself and others and I would really appreciate it if you would stay far away from me.

Are you serious? Keep your booger hook off the bang switch done deal.

Anfd to quote Glockdude the safety is between your ears
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

I would buy a Glock if they didn't kick like mules! I carry hammer down, empty chamber with my Walther, so I would definitely keep a Glock without one in the chamber.

Smile

Smart girl! I've seen the results of Glocks being negligently fired and leaving some nasty wounds. I never carry my Glock with a round in the chamber for that very reason. Be prepared, however, for a herd of folks to jump on you for not carrying "hot." Just do what you are comfortable with. Your gun, your decision.

I've carried my Glock 26 since I bought it with a round in the chambered. I have never had a negligent discharge since I took the time and money to go through training but also the obvious which is keep you finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

If someone had a negligent discharge with a Glock that means they weren't paying attention to how they were handling the gun IMO. Which also means they could could do the same thing with a gun that has a safety.

Bottom line is you should be very aware of how you and handling any guns at all times....safety or no safety.

Quote Originally Posted by bob16066 View Post
    A Pistol with a 5lb trigger pull and no safety is pure negligence. Period.

So all double action revolvers are pure negligence?
    A man's life, liberty, and property are only safe when the legislature is NOT in session. Will Rogers

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast