How do you refinish checkered 1911 grips? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do you refinish checkered 1911 grips?

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That's what sucks about big box stores,when they came into town all the mom and pop stores that had been around for years all closed up. We have one left that still sells nails and screws by the pound, I love going there Vs a box store that forces you to buy a whole box when all you need is one or two.

I was researching wood bleach, it seems to work nicely at removing stains on wood(water stains,paint etc..)

I miss mom and pop stores, they treated you like a friend and knew what the hell they where talking about. Go to Lowes, Home Depot etc.. The store employee knows nothing about the product your looking for/wanting to buy, outside of the five minute computer training class are forced to take. It's like Wal-Marts TLE departments, they are staffed with people who know nothing about oil changes, car batteries etc.. People who worked as a door greeter or deli clerk and now playing car tech. Sure the prices are higher at mom and pop stores, but so is the customer service.
    I am glad the small town where I lived still had the local old-fashioned hardware store. Of course they had youngsters working that didn't know anything but if I had a question I would look for the older guys. I knew I would get answers and pointed to just what I needed.
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Lifer and Proud View Post
    I am glad the small town where I lived still had the local old-fashioned hardware store. Of course they had youngsters working that didn't know anything but if I had a question I would look for the older guys. I knew I would get answers and pointed to just what I needed.
    We still have two, a third one is selling off all of it's inventory(50-70% off) they are getting out of the hardware business and going with wood stoves. Before the box stores came into the city they sold wood stoves and hardware/paint. Now they just can't make any money off the hardware/paint part so they are sticking to the wood stoves, but keeping their nuts and bolts and other small items.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123