2 dead in shooting at Wendy's in Florida - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2 dead in shooting at Wendy's in Florida

1. if you were carry a weapon i doubt if you could have stopped this murder. First of all the murderer took his own life 2nd you wouldn't have had enough time to react since it probably only took a few seconds.

This will be a perfect example for the gun-grabbers on WHY we should't have guns..

Quote Originally Posted by paul_bunyun007 View Post
    if you were carry a weapon i doubt if you could have stopped this murder. First of all the murderer took his own life 2nd you wouldn't have had enough time to react since it probably only took a few seconds.

This will be a perfect example for the gun-grabbers on WHY we should't have guns..
    Would I have been able to stop the murder? Who knows, I wasn't there. We can debate this until we're blue in the face. The outcome would still be the same. Don't know about you, but if I saw someone come out of the restroom brandishing a handgun, I'd take cover and draw my firearm and look for an avenues of escape. If there's no clear path to an exit, I would prepare to shoot my way through the guy if necessary. As far as I'm concerned, he became a "threat" the minute he came out of the restroom brandishing.

From what I read, it seems like the whole incident took several minutes. In any case, I would rather see the incident ending by some law abiding CCW license holder double tapping the perp rather than him taking his own life. Wouldn't want it ending on "his terms". He decided his fate the minute he chose to become a threat to innocent people.

As for this being a good reason why we shouldn't have firearms, I disagree. As soon as the guy appeared with the firearm, a properly trained and licensed firearms holder would have recognized the threat and been able to neutralize the threat before causing the maximum amount of damage.

We can't read minds, so it's impossible to see how many people the BG wants to hurt, kill, etc. All I know is that when a BG poses a threat, I want it to end on my terms, not his.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Would I have been able to stop the murder? Who knows, I wasn't there. We can debate this until we're blue in the face. The outcome would still be the same. Don't know about you, but if I saw someone come out of the restroom brandishing a handgun, I'd take cover and draw my firearm and look for an avenues of escape. If there's no clear path to an exit, I would prepare to shoot my way through the guy if necessary. As far as I'm concerned, he became a "threat" the minute he came out of the restroom brandishing.

From what I read, it seems like the whole incident took several minutes. In any case, I would rather see the incident ending by some law abiding CCW license holder double tapping the perp rather than him taking his own life. Wouldn't want it ending on "his terms". He decided his fate the minute he chose to become a threat to innocent people.

As for this being a good reason why we shouldn't have firearms, I disagree. As soon as the guy appeared with the firearm, a properly trained and licensed firearms holder would have recognized the threat and been able to neutralize the threat before causing the maximum amount of damage.

We can't read minds, so it's impossible to see how many people the BG wants to hurt, kill, etc. All I know is that when a BG poses a threat, I want it to end on my terms, not his.

gf
    Well said.

The press conference by the sheriff said he walked out of the bathroom with the firearm and pointed it at one man at the serving line and fired. He then turned and started walking through the restaurant shooting people. I'm sorry Mr. Bunyun, but one reason these people are able to kill and wound so many is because everyone is hiding or cowering in the corner. All it takes is one armed and trained person and about 3 seconds to at least interfere with the killers plans.

One reason I started carrying is because I never, ever want to feel helpless. If I am ever in a situation such as the one that occurred here, I don't ever want to go down thinking "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God." I want to be going for my means of protection with a clear goal to stop the threat.
    "La plus belles ruses du diable est de vous persuader qu'il n'existe pas."

Apparently, the wife of the firefighter was, in some capacity, someone who worked as a public safety employee. I was reading about it in another thread from OCDO. They weren't able to tell if she was an armed employee or just a dispatcher or whatnot. I wonder if the Wendy's employees might be liable for not putting that toy in with the meal, therefore causing him to go into the store, which, unfortunately led to this end result...?

Would ya, should ya, could ya. who knows but being armend means the playing field is level. It gives you a chance. Being unarmed means pretty much only the grace of God will save you.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12