New toys. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New toys.

1. At $275 I would have walked out with it also. That was a steal!

handgonnetoter Guest
    275! Thats way cheap. Nice guns!

Nice man! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Have you ever used Mec-Gar mags? I ordered two 7 rounders last night for my 1911. I saw a few videos on youtube of people using them with their Kimbers. One guy was Texgerebner or something? I hope they fit in the Galco Cop mag/flashlight paddle holster I ordered last night. If you know of anyone who wants those sites let me know.
    I have never used Mec-Gar mags though some of the guys I know have them and never complained. Let me know what you think of them. Even though I am partial to Wilson mags I am always open to trying something new.
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation
    "Remember, incoming fire has the Right of Way"

Oh BTW as for the sights ..... everyone I know has upgraded to night sights but if I find someone who would like your old ones I will let you know!
    NRA Life Member, NH CC, Gun Owners of America, Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, Second Amendment Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Lifer and Proud View Post
    I have never used Mec-Gar mags though some of the guys I know have them and never complained. Let me know what you think of them. Even though I am partial to Wilson mags I am always open to trying something new.
    I looked at Wilson mags and I have no doubt they are outstanding mags. But the price kinda scared me away(for right now) 32 per mag is high to me. I had a whole list of other items I needed to order.,Ok you got me, I wanted them I did not need them LOL. I ordered a Galco Cop Mag Flashlight Paddle, SureFire G2X and more. I'll post photo's of it all when it gets here.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NRA Lifer and Proud View Post
    Oh BTW as for the sights ..... everyone I know has upgraded to night sights but if I find someone who would like your old ones I will let you know!
    Here are the grips, they are halfway done. Not sure if you can tell by the photo.

[QUOTE=S&WM&P40;199068]Here are the grips, they are halfway done. Not sure if you can tell by the photo.

Did you poly them or are they still wet?

I looked at Wilson mags and I have no doubt they are outstanding mags. But the price kinda scared me away(for right now) 32 per mag is high to me. I had a whole list of other items I needed to order.,Ok you got me, I wanted them I did not need them LOL. I ordered a Galco Cop Mag Flashlight Paddle, SureFire G2X and more. I'll post photo's of it all when it gets here.
    Need ... want ... it's all the same

I have to get Mitch Rosen (he is in Manch) to make me a holster for my Colt Anaconda. I should have done it while I still lived in NH, now I have to send him my gun if he doesn't get one himself UGH! Thankfully my buddy owns Manchester Firing Line so I can send it to him and have him drop it off for me. I had Mitch make me a mag pouch for my Kahr 40, talk about excellent workmanship! I will probably end up having him make me one for the SA Operator too but I am just can't part with that one long enough to get it done ... it's my baby LOL

[QUOTE=NRA Lifer and Proud;199073]
    Here are the grips, they are halfway done. Not sure if you can tell by the photo.

Did you poly them or are they still wet?
    Yeah the first coat of polyurethane was still drying. I was hitting it with the 000 steel wool(steel wool does not work well on the checkering.) I just applied the second coat of polyurethane, not sure if I'll hit it with some finishing wax or not. I hate the way polyurethane and stain feel together. Stain was dry enough, but was still a little damp when I applied the polyurethane(can say's that's fine.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast