Swiss Army Selects Glock As New Service Pistol

Thread: Swiss Army Selects Glock As New Service Pistol

JSDinTexas Guest

Swiss Army Selects Glock As New Service Pistol

I believe each of us should carry our own preferred firearm, and for that reason, I don't "push" Glocks. But I thought this article about the Swiss Army's choice of Glocks was interesting.

One paragraph stood out to me, and sums up the very reason I carry a Glock:
    GLOCK Vice President Josh Dorsey said, "GLOCK was chosen for this project due to the reliability and durability that have made GLOCK pistols famous. GLOCK's focus remains on providing safe, simple and fast pistols to those that go in harm's way. Our firearms are designed for these individuals to succeed and survive in any situation."

Here is the full article: Shooting Wire

3. Well, good for them! Y'know, I'd like to help 'em any way I can. I'll bet they've got a bunch of old SIG P210 pistols they need to get rid of. They can just put 'em in cases and send 'em to my house. Heck, I'm such a nice guy, I'd even pay the freight.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Luxembourg also uses that Glock for its military. When you are stuck, literally between France and Germany, you need to be ready for a fight to break out in your backyard.

Dang! If the Swiss like it that much it has to be good. They have a very strong sense for quality and if the Glocks beat their own SIG that is impressive, in all fairness.

Way to go Glock!! It is an interesting read and I think over time, others will see the reliability and durability that makes my personal weapon of choice so nice.

Good for them, but I'd bet price was as big of a factor as anything (just like it was for the US - otherwise the M9 would be a Sig). Per my dad and several other military veterans, a pistol is just about useless in combat (outside of special operations).

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    Good for them, but I'd bet price was as big of a factor as anything (just like it was for the US - otherwise the M9 would be a Sig). Per my dad and several other military veterans, a pistol is just about useless in combat (outside of special operations).

That's not ture at all. There are countless stories of US Marines usin their M9 over their m16a4/m4 in the battle of Fallujah.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

The Norwegian Army have used Glock since 1987.
    NRA Certified Law Enforcement Instructor.
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor.
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer.

10. Talking

It's like my Grandfather used to say, "There's no accounting for taste or the lack thereof."

I am willin' to bet that Glock gave the Swiss Army the best price to equip them!